Nigerian Stock market ended Monday’s trading session on a bullish note.
The All Share Index (ASI) gained 0.03% to close at 25,229.12 basis points as against +0.07% gain recorded previously. Its Year-to-Date (YTD) returns currently stands at -6.01%.
Trading volume turnover ticked positive as trading volume moved up by +58.36% as against -11.66% downtick recorded in the previous session. TRANSCORP, ZENITHBANK, and GUARANTY were the most active to boost market turnover.
Market breadth closed flat as UPL led 15 gainers as against 15 losers topped by TRANSCORP at the end of today’s session – an unimproved performance when compared with the previous outlook.
- UPL up 9.68% to close at N1.36
- UNILEVER up 7.53% to close at N15
- INTBREW up 4.17% to close at N3.75
- PZ up 3.90% to close at N4
- GUINNESS up 1.32% to close at N15.4
- PRESCO down 3.92% to close at N49
- UCAP down 3.43% to close at N3.1
- WAPCO down 1.71% to close at N11.5
- UBA down 1.52% to close at N6.5
- NASCON down 0.99% to close at N10
Nigerian bourse started the first trading week on a bullish note as the major headline at today’s trading floor was Nigeria’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in real terms dropping by 6.10% (year-on-year) in Q2 2020 coupled with Crude oil prices rallying up.
Nairametrics envisage cautious buying as market liquidity remain a significant concern