Nigerian stock market ended its last trading session on an impressive note. The All Share Index gained 0.47% to close at 28,697.06 points as against +0.40% appreciation recorded on Thursday.
Nigerian Stock Exchange market capitalization now stands at N14.99 Trillion. Its Year-to-Date (YTD) returns currently stands at +6.91%.
- However, the Nigerian bourse trading turnover fell short of expectation as volume moved dipped by 9.11% as against -4.67% downtick recorded on Thursday. ACCESS, GUARANTY, and UBA were the most active to boost market turnover.
- AFRINSURE leads the list of active stocks that recorded an impressive volume spike at the end of today’s session.
- Market breadth closed positive as NASCON led 20 Gainers as against 6 Losers topped by NNFM at the end of today’s session – an improved performance when compared with the previous outlook.
- NASCON up 10.00% to close at N14.3
- PZ up 7.32% to close at N4.4
- ZENITHBANK up 1.69% to close at N21
- GUARANTY up 1.50% to close at N30.45
- DANGCEM up 0.67% to close at N151
- NNFM down 9.89% to close at N4.19
- NPFMCRFBK down 4.29% to close at N1.34
- HONYFLOUR down 4.21% to close at N0.91
- UNIONDAC down 3.70% to close at N0.26
- VITAFOAM down 3.23% to close at N6
Nigerian bourse continued its bullish run amid a shutdown of economic activities at Nigeria’s economic nerve center Lagos and Rivers amid ongoing curfew put in place in order to calm hostilities prevalent in some areas.
- Bulls seem to be rallying high amid soaring crude oil prices, and high buying pressure noticed in some Nigerian blue-chip stocks like Dangote Cement and GTBank.
- However, Nairametrics expects you to seek the advice of a certified stockbroker when choosing stocks to buy, as some of these stocks exhibit cyclic returns in principle.