At the end of Friday’s trading session, the Nigerian Exchange market closed negative amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) depreciated by 47 basis points, while the market capitalization decreased by N97.54 billion.
The NGX ASI closed at 39,483.08 points, to reflect a loss of 0.47% from the previous trading day.
At the close of market today, Friday 20th August 2021, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N20.57 trillion from N20.67 trillion in the previous day. Its Year-to-Date (YTD) return however, is currently settled at –1.96%.
The market breadth closed positive as LASACO led 21 Gainers, and 15 Losers topped by FTNCOCOA at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has declined –787.64 basepoints since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top gainers
- LASACO up +10.00% to close at N1.54
- NEIMETH up +9.63% to close at N2.05
- UACN up +9.57% to close at N11.45
- PHARMDEKO up +9.55% to close at N1.72
- CHIPLC up +9.52% to close at N0.46
NGX ASI Top losers
- FTNCOCOA down –6.98% to close at N0.40
- UPL down –6.20% to close at N1.21
- CADBURY down –5.03% to close at N8.50
- LINKASSU down –4.76% to close at N0.60
- LEARNAFRI down –4.44% to close at N1.29
NGX ASI Top Traded by Volume
- HONYFLOUR – 57,498,617.00 units
- GTCO – 42,639,188.00 units
- JAIZBANK – 22,427,806.00 units
- MBENEFIT – 16,196,442.00 units
- TRANSCORP – 14,392,633.00 units
NGX ASI Top Traded by Value
- GTCO – N1,193,965,361.70
- MTNN – N578,600,334.70
- SEPLAT – N276,740,310.00
- ZENITHBANK – N216,582,674.80
- HONYFLOUR – N185,759,167.98
Market sentiments trend towards the bears despite the market differential being in favour of the advancers as 15 losers were surpassed by 21 gainers.