It was another good week for Tesla founder and Chief Executive officer Elon Musk, whose fortune gained about $8.95 billion in value, as stock holdings of Tesla recorded impressive gains ahead of being added to the S&P 500 Index tomorrow.
What you should know about Elon Musk
- Elon Musk is now worth $167 billion and within striking distance of the present world’s richest man, Jeff Bezos, estimated to be worth $187 billion, according to data retrieved from Bloomberg Billionaire Index.
- Tesla Inc. CEO, Elon Musk, the world’s celebrated tech entrepreneur, has surely turned fabulously wealthy this year, taking into consideration that despite the prevailing COVID-19 pandemic, he gained about $140 billion – a feat not seen in the history of humanity.
- Tesla stock price hit a lifetime high, in anticipation of the leading car company’s addition to the S&P 500 index in the coming week.
- Electric-car maker, Tesla Inc’s share value rose as high as $695 at the close of its trading session. Tesla will become on Monday, the most valuable company to ever be added to Wall Street’s main benchmark index.
- Now worth $659 billion, Tesla will increase the concentration of heavyweight companies within the S&P 500.
About Elon Musk
- Elon is also the CEO of Space Exploration Technologies, a rocket manufacturer tapped by NASA to resupply the space station.
- His company, Tesla, founded in 2003, is a California-based company that sells electric vehicles.
- Today, Tesla builds not only all-electric vehicles but also infinitely scalable clean energy generation and storage products. Tesla believes the faster the world stops relying on fossil fuels and moves towards a zero-emission future, the better.
- His wealth gain is largely attributed to Tesla, the electric car automaker, which has gained 800% in 2020 and has become by far the world’s most valuable automaker in the world, despite it producing far less than Volkswagen, Toyota, or General Motors.
- Nairametrics, a few months ago, highlighted major reasons why it believed the stock was a strong buy and could surpass the present most valuable listed technology company.