Nigerian bourse ended Thursday’s trading session on a bearish note. The All Share Index dropped by 0.50% to close at 34,643.65 points, as against +1.68% appreciation recorded on Wednesday.
- Its Year-to-Date (YTD) returns currently stands at +29.06%. Nigerian Stock Exchange market capitalization presently stands at N18.102 trillion.
- Nigerian Stocks trading turnover on Thursday also plunged, as volume dipped by 44.80% compared to 92.94% downtick recorded on Wednesday.
- TRANSCORP , FBNH, and ACCESS were the most active to boost market turnover.
- ZENITHBANK and STANBIC topped the market value list.
MANSARD leads the list of active stocks that recorded an impressive volume spike at the end of today’s session.
- Market breadth closed negative as BOCGAS led 19 Gainers, as against 28 Losers topped by PRESCO at the end of today’s session — an unimproved performance when compared with the previous outlook.
- BOCGAS up 9.90% to close at N6.77
- ETERNA up 9.89% to close at N4.78
- PZ up 9.28% to close at N5.3
- NB up 4.31% to close at N60.5
- WAPCO up 4.15% to close at N25.1
- PRESCO drop 9.97% to close at N71.8
- DANGSUGAR drop 4.72% to close at N21.2
- STANBIC drop 4.12% to close at N43
- GUARANTY drop 3.24% to close at N35.8
- ZENITHBANK drop -2.43% to close at N26.05
Nigerian bourse at the fourth trading session of the week was negatively impacted by losses recorded in large and medium capitalized stocks, amongst which includes Nigeria’s blue-chip banks – GTBank, Zenith Bank, Stanbic.
Nairametrics envisages cautious buying amid renewed profit-making seen across the market spectrum.