Stock bears halted the recent bullish trend during Thursday’s trading session on Nigerian Stock Exchange. The All Share Index dropped by -0.10% to close at 25,330.10 basis points, as against +0.15% appreciation recorded previously.
The Nigerian bourse’s market capitalization presently stands at N13.200 trillion, while its Year-to-Date (YTD) returns currently stands at -5.73%.
Meanwhile, the trading volume turnover during today’s trading session ticked upward, as it recorded a gain of 39.04% as against -28.09% downtick recorded in the previous session. UACN, UBA, and FBNH were the most active to boost market turnover, even as UACN led the list of active stocks that recorded an impressive volume spike at the end of today’s session.
Market breadth closed negative as MAYBAKER led 11 Gainers as against 19 Losers topped by HMARKINS at the end of today’s session
- MAYBAKER up 9.89% to close at N3
- UPL up 9.40% to close at N1.63
- NB up 2.78% to close at N37
- MANSARD up 6.36% to close at N1.84
- GUARANTY up 0.60% to close at N25.2
- FIDSON down 7.25% to close at N3.71
- DANGCEM down 0.59% to close at N134
- ACCESS down 2.34%to close at N6.25
- WAPCO down 1.28% to close at N11.55
- ZENITHBANK down 0.59% to close at N16.85
Nigerian bourse closed on a negative note. This was triggered by significant selling pressures in some NSE30 stocks that include DANGCEM, ACCESS and ZENITH BANK. It should also be noted that crude oil prices dropped more than 1% at the start of the American Trading session
Nairametrics envisages cautious buying due to growing concerns about strengthening geopolitical risks.