The Federal Government has announced the reopening of the application portal of its social investment scheme, N-Power, for fresh registration of the June 2020 Batch C intakes.
This was disclosed in a series of tweet posts by the Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development on Friday, June 26, 2020.
According to the tweet posts, the N-Power 2020 recruitment portal will re-open by 11.45 pm today, Friday, 26 of June 2020. The ministry noted that those that all applications made prior to the re-opening date and time will not be recognised, but instead declared null and void.
The humanitarian affairs ministry also explained that all the processes involved in the application are free. As such, applicants do not have to pay anybody. Part of the post from the ministry said:
“Dear intending N-Power 2020 applicants. Here is how to prepare for the N-Power application. Remember Portal opens 11.45 pm, June 26, 2020, application is free. Do not pay anyone to apply on the N-Power portal. Get a printout or accurate details of your BVN.’
‘’We understand some people have attempted registration. Please note that your registration is null and void. It doesn’t’ count till the portal opens at 11.45 pm tonight.’’
Dear Intending N-Power 2020 Applicants,
Here is how to prepare for the N-Power application.
1. Portal opens 11.45pm, June 26th, 2020.
2. Application is FREE. Do NOT pay anyone to apply on the N-Power portal.
3. Get a printout or accurate details of your BVN.#NPowerNG pic.twitter.com/q9enxbvzCP
— N-Power (@npower_ng) June 25, 2020
The N-Power programme, which was inaugurated by President Muhammadu Buhari in 2016 under the National Social Investment Programme (NSIP), has the mandate of lifting citizens out of abject poverty through capacity building, investment, and direct support.
Here are some of the requirements for registration for the N-Power 2020 Batch C
- Get your BVN ready.
- Ensure you are not an existing employee in any organization.
- A printout or current details of your Bank Verification Number (BVN).
- A current passport photograph (1MB) either JPEG or PNG files.
- A valid contact email address or a working phone number
- Your degree certificate and NYSC certificate (if you are a graduate) and want to apply for N-Teach or N-Health.
- Application is done online.
It should be noted that the N-Power 2020 application portal is npower.fmhds.gov.ng.
This is how to Register for N-Power 2020 Recruitment
- Input your valid contact information (email or phone number).
- The information will be redirected to your email for a confirmation.
- Once your email address has been confirmed, you are to fill in your 11-digit BVN and date of birth in the following format (dd/mm/yy). Note that if your BVN details are inaccurate, you will not be allowed to go past this interface.
(READ MORE: COVID-19 Update in Nigeria)
- Fill in your surname, first name, and middle name in identical terms to your BVN information for your biodata and contact page.
- Kindly indicate if you have received education or not on the education and programme page. The N-Power programme is open to all, however.
- The N-Teach and N-Health sub-programmes are however open to only graduates. ii. (In addition, please note that for N-Power Health, selection preference will be given to holders of Bachelor’s Degree, HND, OND in health sciences such as Medicine, Microbiology, Nursing, Public Health, Botany, Midwifery, Psychology or other allied disciplined in the sciences). iii. Where applicable, you will be required to upload your degree certificates and NYSC certificate.
- You will be required to answer some questions and upload your Government issued Identity Card on the employment and other details page. Kindly note that the acceptable Government IDs are International Passport, National ID Card issued by NIMC, Valid Driver’s License and Permanent Voter’s Card.
- Review all the information you have inputted and then submit on the review and submit page and upon submission, you will receive a unique ID number. write it down and keep it safe.