At the end of Wednesday’s trading session, the Nigerian Exchange closed flat amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) depreciated by 3 basis points, while the market capitalization decreased by N5.66 billion.
The NGX ASI closed at 39,449.82 points, to reflect a loss of 0.03% from the previous trading day.
At the close of the market on Wednesday 25th August 2021, the stock exchange market value stood at N20.55 trillion from N20.56 trillion the previous day. Its Year-to-Date (YTD) return is currently settled at –2.04%.
The market breadth closed negative as CAPHOTEL led 17 Gainers, and 19 Losers topped by ACADEMY at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has declined –820.90 basepoints since the start of the year.
NGX ASI top gainers
- CAPHOTEL up +10.00% to close at N3.19
- ETERNA up +10.00% to close at N6.82
- MORISON up +9.74% to close at N1.69
- TRANSCORP up +9.30% to close at N4.70
- UPDC up +9.22% to close at N1.54
NGX ASI top losers
- ACADEMY down –9.76% to close at N0.37
- PHARMDEKO down –9.52% to close at N1.71
- MBENEFIT down –8.57% to close at N0.32
- ABCTRANS down –7.69% to close at N0.36
- UNITYBANK down –6.67% to close at N0.56
NGX ASI top traded by volume
- SOVRENINS – 48,383,580.00 units
- MBENEFIT – 27,092,153.00 units
- JAIZBANK – 10,904,945.00 units
- REGALINS – 9,007,913.00 units
- TRANSCORP – 6,944,212.00 units
NGX ASI top traded by value
- MTNN – N155,237,603.60
- NESTLE – N149,728,093.40
- ZENITHBANK – N141,696,851.25
- GTCO – N130,454,514.95
- DANGCEM – N55,767,651.80
Market sentiments trend towards the bears with the market differential in favour of the decliners as 17 gainers were surpassed by 19 losers.