The Nigerian Investments Promotion Commission (NIPC) has announced that its Single Window Investors Portal (SWIP) would be launched in the first quarter of 2021.
This was disclosed by the NIPC Head of Corporate Services Division, Mr Sabo Isiaku, at the NIPC Media Retreat organised for the Commerce and Industry Correspondents’ Association of Nigeria (CICAN) in Abuja.
The Single Window Investors Portal is an e-business facilitation portal, an e-government initiative that would facilitate ease of business and investments in Nigeria when launched.
Isiaku revealed that the scheme would offer an automated One-Stop Investment Centre (OSIC) including online business registration, payment, workflow-based review and tracking features.
Other functions include:
- Automate applications for incentives administered by NIPC.
- Automate Pioneer Status Incentive (PSI).
- Automate Investor Relationship Management (IRM) and Investment Profiling (OP).
NIPC also revealed that it had launched a One-Stop Investment Platform for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (OSIP RE/EE) developed in partnership with the Nigerian Energy Support Programme (NESP II).
What you should know
- Nairametrics reported this month that the Federal Government had launched the One-Stop Investment Platform (OSIP) for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Investments in Nigeria. The launch, which is an inter-agency cooperation MoU on the Green Energy Investment Platform, is guided within the Nigerian Energy Support Programme.
- Vice President Yemi Osinbajo announced that the Federal Government was willing to implement new ideas suggested in the Economic Sustainability Plan (ESP) after the fallout of the pandemic on the nation’s economy.
- Osinbajo, urged last month that the country must create an enabling environment, post Covid-19, to attract local investments across the country.