A fast-rising app better known as Lumi’s iOS wallet is permitting global investors in buying crypto-assets like bitcoin, Ethereum, Uniswap through Apple’s popular payments app, Apple Pay.
What this means
- The app also allows crypto traders in buying Wrapped Ether, Yearn.finance (YFI), Uniswap (UNI), DAI, AAVE, Basic Attention Token (BAT).
- Others include USD Coin (USDC), Tether (USDT), Stably (USDS), Binance (BUSD), Wrapped Bitcoin (WBTC), Compound (COMP), Curve (CRV), Gemini Dollar (GUSD), HUSD, Chainlink (LINK), Maker (MKR), Paxos Standard Token (PAX), Synthetix (SNX), and Universal Market Access (UMA).
Owners of Lumi wallet at the world’s largest economy are permitted $500 purchases per day, $500 per week, and $5,000 per annum. Limits for users outside of America are pegged higher taking to account the limits are $1,000 per day, $1,000 per week, and $7,500 per annum.
Apple Pay is one of the largest and popular payment providers Introduced by the world’s most valuable company about six years ago, the platform has a global reach of over 383 million users, according to Statista.
What you should know
- Apple is now the only publicly listed U.S. company with a market capitalization of over $2 trillion.
- The world’s most valuable tech company designs manufacture and markets personal computers and related personal computing and mobile communication devices along with a variety of related software, services, peripherals, and networking solutions.
- Apple sells its products worldwide through its online stores, its retail stores, its direct sales force, third-party wholesalers, and resellers.
Breaking: Bitcoin surges past $51,500
Bitcoin traded above $51,508.78 with a daily trading volume of $51.7 billion and is up 4.83% for the day.
The flagship crypto-asset, Bitcoin surged past a one-week high as risk appetite in markets gained momentum despite growing concerns facing the crypto industry.
At the time of writing this report, Bitcoin traded above $51,508.78 with a daily trading volume of $51.7 billion. Bitcoin is up 4.83% for the day.
The world’s most popular crypto asset had been under pressure, particularly on Tuesday when Gary Gensler, nominee for chairman of the U.S. SEC disclosed that ensuring crypto market’s manipulation and illicit activity is a challenge for the agency.
More details shortly …
Google adds Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin on its finance platform
Google has added selected cryptos to its finance platform.
Google, the world’s most powerful and valuable search engine, recently added selected cryptos to its finance platform.
Alongside leading financial markets, particularly in emerged markets, the trillion-dollar company added a “Crypto” section thereby giving Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash more limelight.
This comes as no surprise to many market watchers, as the leading tech brand incorporating cryptos on its finance page follows a long wave in mainstream approval over the past months.
There is no doubt, 2021 continues to shape up as a very exciting year for crypto assets relatively.
The flagship crypto has gotten more credibility in recent days from blue-chip companies like Mastercard and America’s oldest bank, BNY Mellon showing support for Bitcoin.
Mastercard had earlier disclosed it would open up its network to some cryptocurrencies including Bitcoin.
PayPal and the world’s largest asset fund manager BlackRock have also made big moves to support crypto.
Investments from Square, Paul Tudor Jones, MassMutual, and SkyBridge Capital are further indisputable evidence of big money investors in the flagship crypto market.
Recall some months ago, as the fastest ever-changing financial asset continued to gain traction, renowned financial data media company, Bloomberg Intelligence, gave critical insights on why bitcoin, in just about five years’ time, could hit a valuation of $100,000.
“Bitcoin’s foundation is firming for further price advances if its history is a guide. Since initially reaching $10,000 in 2017, the benchmark crypto corrected about 70% and remains in an extended period of consolidation around that level.”
“It would be recalled that in 2013, Bitcoin was trading barely at a price of about a thousand dollars. It corrected about 80% and consolidated in 2017, after initially reaching $1,000, it added a zero.
“Considering normal maturation, about double the time frame from $1,000 to $10,000 would come in around 2025, for Bitcoin to potentially add another zero.”
Nairametrics | Company Earnings
- FY 2020: Africa Prudential posts N1.45 billion Profit After Tax.
Africa Prudential Plc released its […]
- Custodian Investment Plc posts N12.69 billion profit in FY 2020.
- 2020 FY Results: Nestle posts N39.2 billion, as earnings per share prints N49.47
Nestle Nigeria Plc released its audited […]
- 2020 FY: WEMA Bank posts N5.06 billion profit after tax as earnings per share prints at N13.1.
Wema Bank Plc released […]
- 2020 FY: Zenith Bank post N230.6 billion profit after tax
Zenith Bank Plc released its […]