President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the expansion of all programmes under the National Social Investment Programmes (NSIP)of the Government.
This disclosure was made by Sadiya Umar Farouq, the Honourable Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management & Social Development, while speaking with statehouse correspondent in Abuja today.
This development was tweeted by President Muhammadu Buhari via his official Twitter account today.
The tweet partly reads:
“President Muhammadu Buhari has graciously approved the expansion of all NSIP programmes:
- Increase of N-power programme beneficiaries from 500,000 to 1,000,000.
- Increase in Government Enterprise and Empowerment Programme (GEEP) beneficiaries by 1,000,000
- Increase in beneficiaries of Home Grown School Feeding Programme (HGSF) by 5,000,000.”
“President @MBuhari has graciously approved the expansion of all NSIP programmes:
-Increase of N-Power beneficiaries from 500,000 to 1,000,000.
-Increase in @geep_ng beneficiaries by 1,000,000
-Increase in beneficiaries of @NHGSFP by 5,000,000.”
— HM @FMHDSD, @Sadiya_farouq
— Presidency Nigeria (@NGRPresident) December 1, 2020
What you should know
- Recall that on October 8, 2020, during the presentation of the 2021 Appropriation Bill, President Buhari disclosed that the National Social Investment Programmes (NSIP) would be funded with N420 billion in 2021, while the National Social Housing Programme (NISH) would be funded with N20 billion from the 2021 budget.
- President Buhari at the joint session of the National Assembly added that the FG expanded the National Social Register to include an additional 1 million Nigerians following the onset of coronavirus.
- He reiterated the importance of fiscal disbursements by the government to combat the economic impact of the pandemic on Nigerians, and also protect Nigerians and businesses from potential vulnerabilities.