The Nigerian Stock Exchange market made a bullish run at the end of the trading session today. The All-Share Index increased by +0.17% to close at 38,866.39 from 38,799.83 index points. Overall, a total volume of 160 million shares valued at N1.28 billion in 3,507 deals was exchanged on the floor of the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
- Nigerian Stock Exchange market value currently stands at NGN 20.31Tr. Its Year-to-Date (YTD) returns currently stands at -3.49%.
- The market closed in profit today as HONYFLOUR led 14 Gainers, and GUINNESS topped the list of 14 Losers, showing a bullish movement by the NSE ASI.
- HONYFLOUR up +8.85% to close at N1.23
- SOVRENINS up +8.70% to close at N 0.25
- JAPAULGOLD up +8.62% to close at N0.63
- LIVESTOCK up +7.22% to close at N1.96
- FCMB up +6.57% to close at N2.92
- GUINNESS down -10.00% to close at N29.70
- UNITYBNK down -9.86% to close at N0.64
- ABCTRANS down -9,09% to close at N0.30
- MBENEFIT down -7.14% to close at N0.39
- UAC-PROP down -6.25% to close at N0.75
Nairametrics had a chat with an expert in the stock market Ogunwale Oluwadamilola, Research Analyst, Edgefield Capital Management Limited. She opines that the bullish momentum will continue on Monday saying, “We expect another positive trend in the overall performance of the market by next week, since today marks the end of trade this week.”
She also drew attention to stocks in the Consumer and financial services saying, “Stocks in the consumer and financial services sector seem to be performing well. However, in the meantime, our watchlist remains unchanged, the following stocks are on our watchlist: Zenith Bank Plc, Guaranty, Access bank, UCAP, and Flourmills.”
Nairametrics, however, advises cautious participation in the stock market in this era of growing uncertainties.