Moyo Thomas, the estranged wife of the late Tunde Thomas, who has been accused of extra-marital affair with the former MD of First City Monument Bank (FCMB), Adam Nuru, recently denied allegations that her kids belong to the latter.
According to the Cable, Moyo Thomas refuted claims making rounds on social media that she informed her deceased husband that he is not the father of her children.
- “I have refrained from commenting on the issue till now out of respect for the memory of my late husband, our kids, and all those who had a relationship with him. Tunde and I had lots of altercations – some of which led to police intervention, but I remained committed to him. His untimely death remains a shock to me.
- “At no time, while he was alive, did I ever mention to him that the kids are not his. The children still bear his name till this day. In fact, despite we were separated, we ensured the kids were not affected by our differences, as he had conversations with the kids as a father should, until his demise.
- “Seeing the pictures of our kids on social media is so heart breaking, especially with the insensitive comments on the issue. Tunde has now been buried and I wish his family and friends the fortitude to bear the loss, even as I request that my privacy and that of my kids be respected at this difficult time.”
What you should know
- FCMB announced to stakeholders and the general public that it will investigate allegations involving his MD, Adam Nuru, to ascertain if there are violations of its code of ethics.
- Adam Nuru embarked on a voluntary leave to allow for unbiased investigation by the bank.
- Bank Customers Association of Nigeria (BCAN) called for decorum in the condemnation of Adam Nuru, describing their acts as unjustifiable and could damage the brand FCMB, especially as it is still a mere allegation, yet to be investigated.