Connect with us
Paramount
Advertisement
Ican
Advertisement
IZIKJON
Advertisement
Stanbic IBTC
Advertisement
Polaris bank
Advertisement
Binance
Advertisement
Esetech
Advertisement
Patricia
Advertisement
Fidelity ads
Advertisement
app

Business

FG providing platforms where businesses can thrive – Lai Mohammed

Mohammed has said that the Federal Government will continue to address the issue of job creation for the youth in Nigeria.

Published

on

FG providing platforms where businesses can thrive - Lai Mohammed, COVID-19: FG inducts committee for creative industry palliatives, LICENSE, FG reiterates commitment to implement reform of broadcasting code , Economy: FG restates commitment to border closure, FG releases new broadcast media regulation to affect DStv’s monopoly , Digital Switch Over (DSO) in broadcasting will transit to a private-sector-driven enterprise - Lai Mohammed, FG needs to explore nation’s tourism as a panacea for unemployment

The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, says the Federal Government has provided platforms where businesses can thrive and will continue to address the issue of youth unemployment.

The Minister disclosed this on Sunday during a meeting with Southwest Governors, Ministers and Traditional rulers. Also in attendance was the Chief of Staff, Prof. Ibrahim Gambari.

READ: Facebook share price is worth over $300, reaching an all-time high

During his interview, Mohammed said that the government is addressing issues of youths unemployment through funds like the MSME Survival Fund and Youth Investment Funds.

“It is not as if the government has not been addressing the issue of unemployment. The newly launched funds by the government was actually aimed at creating job opportunities.

READ: Traders go short on U.S dollar over higher claims of U.S unemployment benefits

“What the government has done so far is to provide platforms where businesses can thrive,” he said.

He also added that the meeting with South-West leaders was peaceful and concluded the leaders were satisfied with FG’s response to the protesters.

READ: Nigeria to generate $6 billion through Blockchain by 2030-NITDA

“It was a peaceful meeting and it was agreed that the state and the federal government response to the initial demand of the EndSARS protest was appropriate,” he added.

What you should know  

Nairametrics had reported in August that Nigeria’s unemployment rate as at the second quarter of 2020 is 27.1% indicating that about 21,764,614 (21.7 million) Nigerians remain unemployed. Nigeria’s unemployment and underemployment rate (28.6%) is at a combined 55.7%.

READ: #EndSARS: You must realize that protests cannot last indefinitely – Buhari

bitcoin train
1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. Anonymous

    November 19, 2020 at 11:37 pm

    It’s quite unfortunate that so many people because of what they will eat sold their conscience to the devil, forgetting they will die one day. God has judge you already and he has numbered your days. Repent because you will go hell once you die.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Advertisement




Advertisement

Nairametrics | Company Earnings