Switch
Payfarmer
IZIKJON
Fidelity ads
first bank
Stallion ads

Business

FG launches application for N75 billion Youth Investment Fund at 5% interest, how to apply

FG has flagged off the application for the N75 billion Nigeria Youth Investment Fund.

President Buhari to address Nigerians on Lekki toll plaza shootings after investigation , Youth Investment Fund:  Ministry of Finance and CBN to launch provision of funds- Minister, Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports launch DEEL initiative

The Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development, on Thursday, October 15, 2020, flagged off the application for the N75 billion Nigeria Youth Investment Fund (NYIF) recently approved by the Federal Government.

During the launch of the application, the Minister of Youth and Sports Development, Sunday Dare, said that the NYIF underscored the importance placed on youths by the current administration.

READ: CBN raises alarm over fraudulent loan offers, investment schemes with charged fees

The Minister said that the fund, which is an initiative of the Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development and funded by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), would be spread over 3 years to cater to youth-owned businesses and investment needs.

Sunday Dare stated, “I must mention the support we enjoyed from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), which in line with the President’s directive, provided the initial N12.5 billion required for the Fund to operate in the remaining part of the year 2020.

Specta

READ: NYSC Orientation camps set to reopen on November 10, 2020

“We are also grateful that the Ministry of Finance, Budget and National Planning has on its part, committed to providing the next tranche of the fund in the 2021 budget.’

The Minister said that the loan, provided under the NYIF, has an interest rate of 5% per annum and a tenor of 5 years with a moratorium of up to 12 months.

READ: FG launches Presidential Youth Empowerment Scheme

Coronation ads

He explained that any youth who wished to apply as an individual or a non-registered business could draw up to N250,000, while youth-owned registered businesses could apply for up to N3 million.

Going further, he said, “Our commitment to seeing the youth succeed is such that the loan is bundled with training that will ensure business sustainability for successful applicants.

“It is my belief that the fund will grow to become a permanent feature of our society, where beneficiaries run successful businesses and repay the loans.”

READ: Youth Investment Fund: Ministry of Finance, CBN to make provision for funds

Coronation ads

The Minister said that application is available on the Nigeria Youth Investment Fund Application Portal on NIRSAL Microfinance Bank’s site, www.nmfb.com.ng; and the ministry’s website, www.youthandsport.gov.ng or www.noya.ng.

Stanbic IBTC

Applicants are expected to provide their Names, Email address, and Website (if available).

Jaiz bank ads

Chike Olisah is a graduate of accountancy with over 15 years working experience in the financial service sector. He has worked in research and marketing departments of three top commercial banks. Chike is a senior member of the Nairametrics Editorial Team. You may contact him via his email- [email protected]

1. Dr ujah Sunday Emmanuel

October 16, 2020 at 10:05 am

When will the federal ministry of Youths and Sports organized training center for the the applicants?

• Prince

October 18, 2020 at 7:39 pm

Please, in the form provided for applicant, a bvn was requested… Why bvn.?

• ONAH COLLINS EJIKE

October 19, 2020 at 10:56 am

I didn’t see any place where BVN was required in the form. Please help me and direct me

• virgo

October 29, 2020 at 11:49 am

I guess to ascertain your real age

• ONAH COLLINS EJIKE

October 19, 2020 at 10:57 am

• ONAH COLLINS EJIKE

October 19, 2020 at 11:00 am

I have filled the form but I didn’t see any provision for BVN space. Please help me

• Adeyemo Aderonke maria

October 29, 2020 at 12:45 pm

Adeyemo Aderonke Maria

• Augusta Izebhor

November 11, 2020 at 12:01 pm

I have filled the form any update on the training program time and venue for the appointment

2. OLADELE O. Johnson

October 16, 2020 at 8:01 pm

Sir,
    This really a great package indeed.
    Could you please tell me the conditions and necessary documents for eligibility

• Jmb

October 31, 2020 at 6:31 am

Is there any noninterest loan available now that somone can apply for.

3. lateefat olaide Isiaq

October 16, 2020 at 10:20 pm

I have served since 2019 and no reasonable job since then, I will be glad if you can help me with money to start up my own business

4. Ola

October 17, 2020 at 2:14 am

Imagine a whole said government website showing error a website trainee can’t afford to make.

5. Bukky wealth

October 17, 2020 at 6:40 am

Nigeria government have started their lies again, it’s on internet we would be seen it but real real life it’s all about fake news or people in charge of it have embezzled it. why can’t Nigeria empowerment be real for once.

October 18, 2020 at 10:29 am

Please what is eligibility

October 18, 2020 at 1:31 pm

I don’t trust anything from this government! It’ll take years to build any element of trust in any Nigerian government engagement. #Deceitful, #untrustworthy!

8. Abidoye oyeyemi Yusuf

October 18, 2020 at 4:12 pm

Sir,
    This really a great package indeed.
    Could you please tell me the conditions and necessary documents for eligibility

• Ogar James Bisong

December 3, 2020 at 12:31 pm

Please where can I get my form?

9. Ajayi olawale

October 18, 2020 at 8:43 pm

Please let the federal government asure it, because this will another opportunity for we yonth

10. Mstar Mathew

October 19, 2020 at 12:54 am

Sir please how do I get link for over 3days I have registered through online about the form but no reply yet in my e-mail. I speaks french, An Actor, Comedian and movie producer…sir I need your help,Thank you.

11. Ochoche Daniel

October 19, 2020 at 9:02 am

Really this regime remained the best in every ramifications, may God help pmb to succeed

• Anonymous

October 20, 2020 at 5:30 am

I guess you’re benefitting from this clueless and and wicked Government.

• Virus

October 29, 2020 at 5:52 am

Mumu! Receive the funds into your aza first before swearing for pmb and his regime all in the name praying… Aturu!!!

12. Iorpuu Benjamin

October 19, 2020 at 9:55 pm

We the youths have suffered a lot ,if the government want to help us let them help and stop playing games with us

13. Olanrewaju Abiodun

October 20, 2020 at 8:32 am

Please … How does one apply for it ?

14. Effiong utibe edet

October 20, 2020 at 11:56 pm

Am unable to apply, is saying my name doesn’t mach with my bvn

• Akinlosotu Ayokunnumi

October 25, 2020 at 2:05 pm

Sir I have not gotten the link, I will be very glad if it can be helped

• aiworo fagustine

October 28, 2020 at 4:42 pm

I try to register but bvn was also require for that reason I log why bvn?

• Anonymous

October 29, 2020 at 2:39 pm

Why will bvn be requested. ?? Hope the website is not scam

• Gloria

October 29, 2020 at 1:13 pm

Me too o

• Unknown

November 21, 2020 at 6:15 pm

Confirm the name you used in registering your BVN

October 23, 2020 at 3:21 am

Pls BVN was required why

• Ezihe Ruth chioma

October 26, 2020 at 3:53 am

Bvn was required. Please why?

16. Jamiu jimoh ishola

October 23, 2020 at 11:41 am

Please when exactly is the training commence

17. Michael

October 26, 2020 at 5:05 pm

Can a cooperative society apply

18. Daniel Praise

October 27, 2020 at 11:02 am

The link I opened is asking for my BVN. Hope it’s not fraudster.

October 27, 2020 at 1:28 pm

THE DATE OF THE TRAINING PLEASE

20. Yemi

October 28, 2020 at 3:08 pm

when or how we going to repay the money and why requesting for BVN

21. Rob taborota Emmanuel

October 29, 2020 at 3:24 am

Why the Bvn ?

• Adeyemo Aderonke maria

October 29, 2020 at 12:49 pm

Adeyemo Aderonke Maria

October 29, 2020 at 6:04 am

Hmm… I will rather die a pober than accept any help from this cold blooded set of monsters who clef themselves the government. The devil they say do not give & not take back with blood.
    It is too late to accept any for of help from you now. Has the police brutality on innocent civilians stopped for good? No! Has politicians stopped earning armed robbers’ salary every month? No! And so many other untackled issues facing the country.
    Hmm… My fellow youth, this is but a sweet ploy to erase the idea of the youth taking over the streets of Nigeria in order to end all these atrocious acts coming from these men in power. Well, I don’t think I can be arrested for airing my observation, after all it’s free world and a freedom of speech. So, if you like too, you can as well come to Togo where I am and flog me. Thank you!

23. Virus

October 29, 2020 at 6:05 am

• Anonymous

October 29, 2020 at 6:00 pm

24. Virus

October 29, 2020 at 6:20 am

Hmm… I will rather die a pober than accept any help from this cold blooded set of monsters who called themselves the Nigerian government. Like y’al know; “The devil they say do not give & not take back with blood.”
    Well, it is too late to accept any form of help from you now. Wait! Let me asking you guys a pressing question that demands honest but precise answers… Has the police brutality on innocent civilians stopped for good? Has politicians stopped earning armed robbers’ salary every month? Has an average worked observed salary increment? And so many other untackled issues facing the country.
    Hmm… My fellow youths, this is but a sweet ploy to erasing the idea of the Nigerian youths taking over the streets of Nigeria in order to end all these atrocious acts perpetrated from these evil men in power. Well, I don’t think I can be arrested for airing my observations here, after all it’s a free world and also a freedom of speech. So, if you like too, you can as well come to Melbourne, Australia where I am right now and flog me. Thank you!

25. Janet

October 31, 2020 at 6:15 pm

Pls sir when the training will commence?

26. Blessing

November 1, 2020 at 10:13 pm

Pls how can I join the training group,and how can I contact them

27. Isaac

November 11, 2020 at 7:24 am

Please is this not scam? This one that bvn is required. What for?

Business

Presidency reacts to claims of offering N100 billion to Miyetti Allah

The Presidency has dismissed reports in the media that it offered the sum of N100 billion to the Miyetti Allah.

The Presidency has debunked claims making rounds in the media that the Federal Government offered the sum of N100 billion to the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria (MACBAN).

The reaction is coming against the backdrop of the media war going on between the Presidency and the Ondo State Government over the quit order on Miyetti Allah.

The denial was made by the Senior Special Assistant to the President, Garba Shehu while appearing on a Television Programme on Channels Television, who said no such amount was given to appease the association over the reported killing by some herdsmen.

READ: Nigeria spends N29 trillion on recurrent (non-debt) expenditure in last 10 years

What Garba Shehu is saying

Garba Shehu, when asked if the Federal Government offered N100 billion to the association, said, “That is an absolute falsehood. In all of those meetings, I have confirmed that in any of those meetings nothing like money was discussed. All of the issues were about the involvement of the leadership of this group in getting them to prevail upon their erring members and they are many. How do they assist the administration to recover weapons that are widely owned by these elements?’’

Specta

According to Shehu, the existence of some miscreants in a group does not entirely mean the entire members of the association are criminals.

READ: FG commences mop-up verification exercise for ex-workers of Nigeria Airways Limited

He noted that Miyetti Allah is a cultural group just like the Afenifere associated with the Yorubas and the Ohaneze Ndigbo of the southeast.

He said, “The Miyetti Allah group is like Ohanaeze Ndigbo or the Afenifere. It’s just a cultural group. There are criminals with the Yoruba race and you cannot say because there are Yoruba criminals, then Afenifere is a band of criminals.’’

Coronation ads

READ; FG gives reasons for sale of government assets to fund 2021 budget

What you should know

• It can be recalled that the crisis between the Fulani herdsmen and some parts of the country came to the fore once again following the 7-day quit notice by Ondo State Governor, Rotimi Akeredolu, for herdsmen to vacate forest reserve area to curb the spate of kidnappings in the state allegedly committed by criminals hiding in the forest.
  • However, in their reaction, the Presidency cautioned the Governor against the action saying that the herders cannot be pushed out of the reserve for any reason. They said the governor does not have any constitutional powers to ask anybody to leave the state.
  • The Presidency’s reaction has drawn widespread criticisms from some lawyers and social-cultural groups like the Afenifere, Coalition of Oduduwa Elders, Southern and Middle Belt Leaders Forum, who have expressed support for the Ondo State Governor.

READ: FG proposes tax incentives for companies that donated to Covid-19 relief fund

Coronation ads

Business

Access Bank rejects Appeal Court’s suspension of injunction against Seplat, approaches Supreme Court

Access Bank has expressed its displeasure over the ruling by the Court of Appeal which lifted the Mareva injunction against Seplat Petroleum.

Access Bank Plc has filed a Notice of Appeal at the Supreme Court, objecting to the suspension of the interim Mareva injunction on the assets of Seplat Petroleum Development Company, by the Appeal Court.

Nairametrics had earlier reported that the Court of Appeal had suspended the Mareva injunction, and subsequently ordered the opening of Seplat’s corporate offices.

READ: NNPC to pay BCE $22.6 million over failed contract

Nairametrics reported that Access Bank Plc had obtained the Mareva injunction through an Ex-Parte order dated November 13, 2020 to seal offices and freeze the accounts of Seplat, over the indebtedness of Cardinal Drilling Services, a company which Access Bank believes is partly owned by Seplat’s boss, Mr ABC Orjiakor.

After some months of being under lock and keys, respite came the way of Seplat Petroleum on January 22, 2021 when Hon. Justice Ikyegh of the Appeal Court lifted the interim order on Seplat Petroleum assets, pending the determination of the appeal filed by Seplat.

Specta

READ: Innoson boss reacts to arrest warrant, says order is an abuse of process taken so far

Access Bank’s reaction to the ruling

• Expressing dissatisfaction over the ruling by the appeal court, Access Bank, through its Solicitors, Kunle Ogunba and Associates maintained that the learned justices of the court erred in law through the suspension of the interlocutory orders made by the trial judge at the Federal High Court. The solicitors regarded the outcome as an abuse of court process filed to interfere with the due administration of justice.
  • The bank in an affidavit maintained that “by discharging the said interlocutory orders, the Lower Court had unwittingly (via a motion) determined the main Appeal which seeks to also discharge the interlocutory orders made by the trial court.”
  • The bank is praying that the Supreme Court reinstate the interlocutory orders made by the Trial Court on December 24, 2020, thereby overriding the judgement of the Appeal court en route.
  • In the same vein, the Bank is also seeking a court order restraining the defendants, that is Seplat, Cardinal Drilling Services Ltd, Mr. Orjiako, Ambrose Bryant, Kalu Nwosu and/or any other person acting through them from taking further steps towards enforcing, executing or giving any effect to the ruling/order of the Court of Appeal pending the hearing and final determination of the appeal it has filed at the Supreme Court.

READ: Access Bank unveils SWIFTPAY, digital payment platform for SMEs

Flashback:

• Recall that Nairametrics reported some months ago that Access Bank obtained an Ex-Parte Order dated November 13th, 2020, to seal the assets of Seplat over debt owed by Cardinal Drilling Services Limited.
  • The bank also obtained a Mareva injunction freezing the accounts of Seplat in Nigeria and abroad.
  • Seplat had appealed the December 24, 2020 decision of the Federal High Court granting injunctions that, among others, resulted in the sealing of its corporate offices in Lagos.
  • The Federal High Court had earlier turned down an application by Seplat to access its accounts and offices which were earlier shut down by a Mareva injunction obtained by Access Bank against it.
  • Access Bank is understood to be grappling with a string of bad loans issued under the defunct Diamond Bank and is now stepping up efforts to go after some of the debtors by obtaining several court orders to seize properties.

Business

Digital transformations and AfCFTA as critical imperatives for the rebound of African economies

Digital transformations as well as AfCFTA are considered necessary for the fast recovery of the African economies.

Leveraging technology to drive government agenda is a must to keep up with changing times - Tolu Ogunlesi, SA to the President on New Media, tech

Technological transformations through digitization as well as the African Continental Free Trade Agreement (AfCFTA) are considered as quite critical in supporting the fast recovery of the African economies.

This assertion is contained in the Foresight Africa 2021 report published by African Growth Initiatives of the Brookings Institution, a non-profit organization devoted to independent research and policy solutions.

According to the report:

• ”Digital transformation is arguably Africa’s biggest opportunity arising from the crisis.
  • “During the pandemic, the continent has accelerated its adoption of ICTs: lockdown conditions have pushed many sectors to raise their online presence and expand their range of digital services, with developments that would ordinarily take years compressed into several months.
  • “Significant opportunities remain for digital acceleration in key sectors, particularly government, education, retail trade, and finance.
  • The African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA), which also holds promise for accelerating the region’s economies through economic integration and a shift in focus toward high-productivity industrial activities commenced trading on January 1, 2021.
  • “With the increased ease of intra-African trade, African businesses will be empowered to transform continent-wide needs into opportunities for entrepreneurship.”

What you should know

• From the hard lessons of the COVID-19, African leaders should prioritize scaling up investments in the physical and technological infrastructures needed as impetus for radical digital transformations.
  • The workforce should be appropriately equipped with the requisite trainings to acquire relevant basic and advanced digital skills that would add values in their businesses, from mobile transactions to graphic design and coding, etc.
  • Leaders should also encourage digital practices on the small-scale in order to encourage widespread usage of digital tools, as in countries like Kenya and Rwanda that have lowered their transaction charges in digital payments towards boosting adoption.
  • Leaders should focus on policies and decisions that would have greater and long-lasting impacts, especially around technological adoption and effective implementation of the AfCFTA.