A recent Twitter poll conducted by a popular Ripple and crypto enthusiast XRP_Cro showed that most Ripple owners believe XRP will surge above $100.
The poll targeted the XRP community and included more than 1,000 participants, these further revealed 43% said they plan to sell most of their XRP holdings around $100. 39% said participants will sell at $10 – $50, while the remaining 18% claimed they would cut their long positions between $3 – $10.
Another question asked was which crypto they thought will give them their best return; 77.9% chose XRP, while 15.7% placed their bets on supply chain management protocol VeChain (VET). Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) garnered 2.9% and 3.5% of the votes respectively.
Explore Data on the Nairametrics Research Website
Recall a popularly known crypto analyst, with the pseudo name Crypto Whale, spoke on XRP’s unique advantages over Bitcoin. Crypto Whale said:
- XRP is x1000 faster than $BTC (3-4 seconds).
- XRP is x1000 cheaper than $BTC (> $0.01).
- XRP is better for the environment (no mining).
- XRP is more scalable.
What you should know
Ripple is a privately held fintech company that provides a global payment solution via its patented payment network called Ripple Network (also known as RippleNet). XRP is the digital token that has a circulating supply of 45 Billion coins and a max supply of 100 Billion coins.
- Ripple (XRP) plays dual roles as a payment platform and a currency. It is an open-source platform that was created to allow quick and cheap transactions.
- XRP still remains the only crypto gaining traction among global banks as Japan-based Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, with assets of more than USD 2.8 trillion announced in November 2018, that in cooperation with Ripple, it would provide an international money transfer service on the payment corridor from Japan to Brazil.