At the end of today’s trading session, the Nigerian Exchange market closed negative amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) depreciated by 12 basis points, while the market capitalization decreased by N24.37 billion. The NGX ASI closed at 39,204.52 points, to reflect a loss of 0.12% from the previous trading day.
At the close of the market today, Wednesday 8th of September 2021, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N20.43 trillion from N20.45 trillion in the previous trading day. Its Year-to-Date (YTD) return, however, is currently settled at –2.65%.
The market breadth closed flat as REGALINS led 15 Gainers, and 15 Losers topped by SCOA at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has declined –1,066.20 basepoints since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top gainers
- REGALINS up +8.51% to close at N0.51
- UNIVINSURE up +5.00% to close at N0.21
- SOVRENINS up +4.17% to close at N0.25
- FCMB up +3.45% to close at N3.00
- OANDO up +3.18% to close at N4.54
NGX ASI Top losers
- SCOA down –9.72% to close at N1.30
- VERITAS down –8.70% to close at N0.21
- MANSARD down –5.68% to close at N0.83
- CHAMS down –4.55% to close at N0.21
- INTBREW down –4.00% to close at N4.80
NGX ASI Top Traded by Volume
- FBNH – 86,005,546.00 units
- ACCESS – 71,068,878.00 units
- UNIVINSURE – 22,318,215.00 units
- GTCO – 19,443,394.00 units
- TRANSCORP – 16,101,809.00 units
NGX ASI Top Traded by Value
News continues after this ad
- ACCESS – N671,343,522.60
- FBNH – N640,875,029.20
- GTCO – N529,125,055.60
- SEPLAT – N401,182,247.90
- ZENITHBANK – N178,801,832.05
Market sentiments trend towards the bears as the market differential remained flat with 15 gainers and 15 losers.