The stock exchange market closed positive today, Tuesday 17th August 2021, as the benchmark index (ASI) increased by 11 basis points, while the market capitalization increased by N23.43 billion. The NGX ASI closed at 39,550.36 points, to reflect a gain of 0.11% from the previous trading day.
The stock exchange market value currently stands at N20.61 trillion. Its Year-to-Date (YTD) returns currently settled at –1.79%.
The market breadth closed flat as HONYFLOUR led 16 Gainers, and 16 Losers topped by SCOA at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has declined –720.36 basepoints since the start of the year.
NGX ASI top gainers
- HONYFLOUR up +9.78% to close at N2.47
- PHARMDEKO up +9.24% to close at N1.30
- WEMABANK up +3.70% to close at N0.84
- NEIMETH up +3.66% to close at N1.70
DANGCEM up +3.31% to close at N249.60
NGX ASI top losers
- SCOA down –9.74% to close at N1.76
- NESTLE down –9.09% to close at N1400
- FTNCOCOA down –8.51% to close at N0.43
- CHIPLC down –8.16% to close at N0.45
- LINKASSU down –6.35% to close at N0.59
NGX ASI top traded by volume
- TRANSCORP – 11,939,905.00 units
- FBNH – 11,060,672.00 units
- OANDO – 7,307,407.00 units
- ACCESS – 6,190,039.00 units
- NAHCO – 5,387,526.000 units
NGX ASI top traded by value
- NESTLE – N2,173,987,042.40
- DANGCEM – N144,954,683.10
- GTCO – N134,759,755.75
- FLOURMILL – N102,151,177.30
- ZENITHBANK – N85,904,920.35
Market sentiments trend towards the bulls as the market differential remained flat with 16 gainers and 16 losers.