Netflix, Inc. has confirmed the appointment of Strive Masiyiwa, the Chairman and founder of Econet Group to its Board of Directors.
This disclosure was made in a press release published by the company on its website, which was seen by Nairametrics.
The Management of the company expressed optimism over the addition of Mr Masiyiwa to the Netflix team. They believe his years of experience will help to drive innovation and growth in the content and production of the company.
What they are saying
Netflix co-founder, Chairman and co-CEO, Reed Hastings, commenting on Mr. Masiyiwa appointment to the board said :
- “We are delighted to welcome Strive to the Netflix board. His entrepreneurship and vision in building businesses across Africa and beyond will bring valuable insights and experience to our board as we work to improve and serve more members all around the world.”
Mr. Masiyiwa, commenting on his appointment to the board of Netflix said:
News continues after this ad
- “Netflix is at the forefront of bringing great entertainment from anywhere in the world to everyone in the world, and I look forward to working with the board and all stakeholders to continue its traditions of innovation and growth.”
What you should know
- Strive is the Chairman and founder of Econet Group, a telecommunications and technology group with operations and investments in 29 countries in Africa and Europe.
- He serves on several international boards including Unilever Plc, National Geographic Society, Asia Society, and the Global Advisory boards of Bank of America, the Council on Foreign Relations (in the US), Stanford University, and the Prince of Wales Trust for Africa, and is a longstanding board member of the United States Holocaust Museum’s Committee on Conscience.
- The London-based Zimbabwean billionaire businessman and philanthropist was a board member of the Rockefeller Foundation for 15 years. He is Chairman Emeritus of the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) and African Union Special Envoy to the continent’s COVID response.