Prince Dapo Abiodun, the Governor of Ogun State said that his administration’s intervention in the state’s infrastructure across all sectors has begun to yield positive results.
He made this known while delivering his address at the official commissioning ceremony of the Nigerian Breweries PET Packaging line in Imagbon, Ijebu-Ode.
While speaking at the ceremony, he revealed that it is not just a commissioning of yet another manufacturing facility, but an attestation to the status of Ogun State as the Industrial Hub of the nation.
According to his statement at the ceremony, he disclosed that Ogun State has the largest concentration of industries in diverse sectors of the economy, and this is an attestation to the good work of the present administration of the State, which was made possible through the implementation of economic and business policies.
He explained that these policies improved the state’s ease of doing business and the silent efforts of his government have not gone unnoticed, as these have earned the current administration several laurels and praises from Nigerians both home and abroad.
What they are saying
Prince Dapo Abiodun at the ceremony held yesterday said:
- “We are the State with the largest concentration of industries in diverse sectors of the economy. Indeed, today’s event is another testimonial to the successes of our Administration’s business policies and programmes to improve on our Ease of Doing Business ranking, to ensure that new investments are attracted into our dear State, just as existing businesses are thriving.”
In his remarks, the Honourable Minister of Trade and Investment, Otunba Niyi Adebayo, said:
- “This commissioning is an indication that investment opportunities exist in Nigeria’s economy as well as growth and expansion. I hope that the new plant would bring about the emergence of economic activities in the State and contribute to the growth of the non-oil sector of the economy.”
What you should know
- In an effort aimed at addressing the housing deficit in the State, Ogun State Government disclosed days ago that a partnership arrangement has been made between the State Government and the Federal Government, to provide 10,000 houses to the residents under the Social Housing Scheme.
- The State Government stressed that it would also deliver a 2,500 affordable housing scheme to alleviate the crises of accommodation in the state.
- On December 10 2020, Ogun State Government stated that it has put an arrangement in place to complete the reconstruction of the 1.2-kilometer Ilishan market road project, in Ikenne Local Government Area of the state in six months.