In a bid for a greater and more developed city, the Lagos State Government has earmarked about 15 different roads in the state for rehabilitation and reconstruction. This comes barely a week after it flagged-off the Eti-Osa-Lekki-Epe expressway project, in what seems like concerted efforts in building and rehabilitating key infrastructures that can facilitate economic development.
The announcement was made today through the State Government’s official Twitter handle, as seen by Nairametrics.
— The Lagos State Govt (@followlasg) November 4, 2020
The proposed 15 different roads listed are:
- Abaranje Road at Alimosho LGA.
- Shasha Road/Alimosho Road at Alimosho LGA.
- Moshalashi-Egbeda-Isheri Roundabout at Alimosho LGA.
- Olaniyi/Olayiwola street at Ifako Ijaiye LGA.
- Opebi Road (by Chicken Republic Inward Oregun Link Road) at Ikeja LGA.
- Oba Ogunnusi Road (by Berger Inwards Ogba) at Ikeja LGA.
- Household of God street/Olayiwola street at Ikeja LGA.
- Billings Way (Mobolaji Johnson Junction inwards Glass House) at Ikeja LGA.
- Lagos Ibadan Expressway (by Apostolic Church inwards Motorways) Kosofe LGA.
- Lateef Jakande Road (by Aadas Mall Junction/FirstGate/Acme Junction) at Ikeja LGA.
- MKO Abiola Garden Road at Ikeja LGA.
- Agege Motorway (by Palm Avenue Junction) at Mushin.
- Old Ota Road at Agege LGA.
- Olabode George at Eti-Osa LGA.
- Agege Motor Road (by Olupese, Oshodi) at Oshodi-Isolo LGA.
Why it matters
Once the projects are completed, it will ameliorate the traffic situation on those roads and ease the plight of commuters.