The West African Examinations Council (WAEC), on Monday, November 2, 2020, released results of the 2020 Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination(SSCE), this is as the process of checking the results has been simplified for the candidates.
While briefing the media at the announcement of the release of the results, the head of the National Office of WAEC, Patrick Areghan, at the WAEC National Office in Lagos, said the results are being uploaded on the results websites and candidates who sat for the examination and also fulfilled their financial obligations to the council can access their performance on its website.
Areghan stated that the Results Checker PIN and Serial Number which are required by candidates to check their results online are contained on the candidate’s Smart Identity Card used during the conduct of the examination. He said the certificates of candidates whose results have been fully processed and released will be ready within the next 90 days with effect from today, Monday, November 2, 2020.
To check their results, all the candidates need to do is:
- Go to https://www.waecdirect.org. which is the WAEC result checking portal.
- Enter your WAEC Examination Number in the required column.
- Select your Examination Year
- Select your Examination Type which is “school candidate result”.
- Then enter the Card Serial Number.
- Enter the Card PIN afterward.
- Finally, click the “Submit” button to get your 2020 WAEC Result.
Nairametrics had earlier reported that from the results released by WAEC, 1,003,668 candidates out of the 1,538,445 students that sat for the 2020 WASSCE examinations, obtained at least a credit pass in a minimum of 5 subjects that includes English and Mathematics. This represents about 65.24% of the total candidates that sat for the examinations.