The Nigerian bourse ended Wednesday’s trading session on an impressive note. The All Share Index gained by 0.14% to close at 25,171.32 basis points. Its Year-to-Date (YTD) returns currently stands at -6.22%. The Nigerian Stock Exchange’s Market capitalization presently stands at N13.131 trillion, as investor gained N18.2billion.
Trading volume turnover closed negative as volume moved down by -33.58% compared with +68.08% uptick recorded on Tuesday.
ZENITHBANK, ACCESS, and TRANSCORP were the most active to boost market turnover.
PZ led the list of active stocks that recorded an impressive volume spike at the end of today’s session.
Market breadth closed flat as STUDPRESS led 13 gainers, as against 13 losers topped by CAP – an unimproved performance when compared with the previous outlook.
- STUDPRESS up 10.00% to close at N1.98
- INTBREW up 7.14% to close at N3
- GUARANTY up 1.20% to close at N25.2.
- ZENITHBANK up 0.90% to close at N16.9.
- UBA up 0.75% to close at N6.7.
- CAP down 10.00% to close at N15.3.
- PZ down 9.41% to close at N3.85.
- GLAXOSMITH down 6.73% to close at N4.85.
- AFRIPRUD down 2.73% to close at N4.28.
- GUINNESS down 1.94% to close at N15.2.
The Nigerian bourse finished on a bullish note, triggered by buying pressures from Nigerian tier-1 banks. Nairametrics envisages cautious buying over heightening political uncertainty.