African Development Bank Group (AfDB) has launched the 2019 edition of its Young Professionals Programme to attract highly qualified and motivated professionals across member countries.
YPP is targeted at engaging youth with passion and commitment to the development of Africa, outstanding academic and professional achievements and commitment to engage in crucial issues in the development of Africa.
Details of YPP: The AFDB YPP is a three-year leadership opportunity for the development of Bank’s future leaders. It attracts highly qualified and motivated professionals from the bank’s member countries for a productive and rewarding career path in development. Through the YPP, the bank ensures continuity and excellence in both the management of its work programmes and the provision of policy advice to its regional member countries.
[READ ALSO: AfDB develops Index to aid women empowerment]
News continues after this ad
- Be a citizen of a member country of the bank;
- Be 32 years of age or younger by 1st May 2020;
- Possess a Master’s degree or equivalent in any discipline that is relevant to the business of the bank, with outstanding academic credentials;
- Have at least 3 years of work experience in the areas related to the high priority areas (Hi-5s) as mentioned above;
- Interested candidates with coding, e-development, animation and platforms designs and maintenance are required this year;
- Demonstrable hands-on experience on the African continent and/or in other continent’s developing countries is a necessary requirement;
- Have passion for Africa’s development;
- Able to leverage knowledge, share and coach others. Work effectively in teams with displayed high adaptability to a diverse environment;
- Be proficient in the bank’s working languages, either English and/or French; and
- Be willing to live in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire, the bank’s Headquarters, and any other country in Africa where the bank may require your services.
How to Apply:
Application for admission to the AfDB YPP is an online process. The YPP is a highly competitive programme and you are advised to provide as much relevant information as possible.
News continues after this ad
- Applicants with dual nationality are advised that the Bank recognizes only one nationality from a member country; as such, kindly indicate the nationality you wish to declare
- Successful candidates from the selection process will be appointed YPs under their declared nationalities for the duration of the Program and any continuing contract with the bank.
The application checklist is meant to facilitate your application experience
- Provide an email address; and an alternative one. Fill in correct e-mail address since this will be the main means of communication
- Answer all the questions
- Provide the most current contact information. Ensure that you email us with updated data, should your contacts change during the recruitment process
- Complete phone number (country code + city code + number)
- Upload Maximum two-page Curriculum Vitae in Microsoft Word version, Copies of Academic Certificates/Transcripts, PhD Dissertation/Master’s Thesis topic (short summary), if applicable
- You will be expected to write an essay of about 800 words.