Universal Insurance Plc has announced the appointment of Mr. Paulinus Offorzor as the Executive Director, Technical Operations of the company following the confirmation by the National Insurance Commission (NAICOM).
Prior to his new appointment, Mr. Offorzor was the Deputy General Manager, DGM, (Technical & Enterprise Risk Management) of the Company.
Profile of the new Executive Director
- Ogbuevi Paulinus Offorzor O. is a graduate of insurance from The Institute of Management and Technology, Enugu.
- He equally holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics (B.Sc. (Hons) from Imo State University, Owerri.
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA) majoring in Insurance and Risk Management from ESUT Business School.
- He started his insurance career with Intercontinental Assurance Co Ltd in 1995 and has worked in several other companies within the insurance industry.
- Before joining Universal Insurance Plc as the Head (Technical & Enterprise Risk Management ) Ogbuevi Paulinus was the General Manager / Chief Executive Officer Generation Insurance Brokers Limited.
- Currently, he is on the board of Elsa Quest international – An Insurance and Risk Management consulting firm since June 2009.
- He is a member of various professional bodies namely: the Chartered Insurance Institute of Nigeria (ACII), The Certified Pension Institute of Nigeria (CPIN), Chartered Institute of Administration (CIA)
Universal Insurance Company Limited (UNISURE), now Universal Insurance Plc. was established by the then Eastern Nigeria Government, African Continental Bank Plc in 1961