Oil giant ExxonMobil has announced the appointment of Mr. Udom Inoyo, president Chartered Institute of Personnel Management, CIPM, as the Executive Vice-Chairman of the board of Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited (MPNU) and Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited (EEPNL).
Prior to this appointment, Mr. Inoyo served as the Executive Director of the company and in-country Human Resources Manager of the two subsidiaries.
According to Oge Udeagha, ExxonMobil spokesperson said the new appointment will take effect from March 19
Profile of the new Vice- Chairman
- Udom Uko Inoyo holds a bachelor’s degree in Political Science (1981) and Law (1987) both from the University of Calabar. He was called to the Nigerian Bar as Solicitor & Advocate of the Supreme Court in 1988.
- Between December 1982 and June 1989, Udom worked as an Administrative Officer with the Cross River and Akwa Ibom States Government in Calabar and the Liaison offices in Lagos. He started his career with Mobil Producing Company in July 1989 in Lagos, Nigeria, as an Employee Relations Coordinator.
- In 2000, he became Compensation and Benefits Advisor, ExxonMobil Europe, Africa & Middle East Center of Expertise, in Brussels, Belgium, where he had responsibility for the National Salary Programs of 10 African and 4 European countries.
- In 2001, Udom returned to Nigeria as Manager, Human Resources Policies & Programs for Mobil Producing Nigeria and by 2004, he was appointed to the Board of Mobil Producing Nigeria, the second largest oil producing company in Nigeria, as Executive Director.
- Between 2004 and now, Udom has chaired both the External Affairs and Human Resources committees of the Oil Producers Trade Sector (OPTS); a body representing the interests of all upstream oil and gas producing companies in Nigeria.
- He is an alumnus of the Lagos Business School and Thunderbird School of Global Management, Arizona
- Mr. Inoyo, currently the President & Chairman of Council, Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria (CIPM).
ExxonMobil upstream affiliates operating in Nigeria are Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited (MPNU) and Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria Ltd. (EEPNL).
The affiliates are involved in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas and operate several joint venture concessions and deepwater production sharing contracts which currently focus on major secondary oil recovery projects; natural gas liquids and gas monetization and significant investment in national content development.
MPNU is the upstream subsidiary of the corporation with the operational base at the Qua Iboe Terminal in Ibeno, Uquo Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State, while the EEPNL is the deep offshore arm of the company.