- Analysis by a 10-year longitudinal study of advertisement trends in Nigeria has shown that television has continued to be the most preferred destination for advertisers, leading both Out of Home media and newspapers.
- The study covering 2006 to 2015 showed that apart from 2014 and 2015, television enjoyed domination in advertisement revenues.
- Newspapers, however, had the highest growth rate of 438% within the period reviewed, with peak figures in 2014.
- Banks and telecommunication companies dominate the list of heavy spenders with Globacom, Guaranty Trust Bank and MTN as front runners.
- Peak spending over the 10-year period was N103.8 billion in 2013