20. Rick Ross – The American rapper, producer, and CEO climbed the Billboard charts, debuting at number 2 with his album “Teflon Don.” Net worth: $25 million.
19. T-Pain and T.I – Rap is all about winners, but in the case of these two rap/hip-hop heavyweights, it’s a tie for 19th. Net worth: $40 million
18. Nelly – A successful rap career in the early 2000s and two clothing lines, Vokal and Apple Bottoms, land Nelly at 18. Net worth: $55 million.
17. Busta Rhymes – This is what nine studio albums, seven of which hit gold or platinum status, gets you. Net worth: $60 million.
16. Ludacris – All of Ludacris’ albums have reached the Top 5 of the Billboard Charts upon their release. He’s also acted in multiple films like “Fred Claus,” “2 Fast 2 Furious,” and “Crash.” Net worth: $65million.
15. Beastie Boys – Hip-hop pioneers Mike D, MCA, and Ad-Rock were a New York City-based rap collective with a legion of fans and cultural influence. Net worth: $75 million each.
14. Timbaland – The in-demand producer has made beats for Justin Timberlake, Aaliyah, Missy Elliott, and more. Net worth: $75 million.
13. Pharrell Williams – Pharrell has always been making moves in music with The Neptunes, but has also entered the world of fashion as well. Net worth: $77.5 million.
12. LL Cool J and Akon – LL Cool J was on the rap and hip-hop pulse through the mid-’90s before switching over into acting, finding success in television. Akon made his millions with music, a portfolio of collaborations, and with his clothing label Konvict Clothing. Net worth: $80 million.
11. Kanye West – A commercially and critically acclaimed rapper, seasoned businessman, and fashion savant. Net worth: $90 million.
10. Lil Wayne – He goes by many names, but one thing that’s certainly not “Lil” is his bank account. Net worth: $95 million.
9. Ice Cube – With roots in prolific rap group N.W.A., Ice Cube is one of the originators of West Coast gangsta rap. His image has softened since transitioning to film, but his currency in both industries only grows. Net worth: $100 million.
8. Snoop Dogg – Rap, film credits, and a number of commercial endorsements culminate in the number eight position of richest living rappers. Net worth: $110 million.
7. Birdman – Cash Money Records co-founder and CEO named his company appropriately. Net worth: $115 million.
6. Eminem – Marshall Mather’s climb to the top made for a hit movie in “8 Mile.” It was a happy ending. Net worth: $120 million.
5. 50 Cents – 50 Cent proved to be a wise businessman and savvy investor. Along with his record sales, his endorsement deals and stock portfolio valued at a fair chunk of change. Net worth: $250 million.
4. Dr Dre – The groundbreaking rapper, producer, and music mogul is dominating the premium headphone market with his Beats by Dre line. Net worth: $260 million.
3. Master P – With the most diversified empire on the list, Master P has businesses in everything including rap labels, clothing, management companies, video games, and even a phone sex line. No Limit Records is his crowning achievement. Net worth: $350 million.
2. Jay Z – Co-founder of Roc-A-Fella records, Jay-Z is expected to reach the $1 billion benchmark in his lifetime. Net worth: $475 million.
1. Diddy – After being fired from his executive position at Uptown, Diddy started his own record company, Bad Boy Records. The result is hi$tory. Net worth: $500 million.
Source: 20 Richest Rappers