An Interview with Katung which appeared in the Punch Newspaper revealed quite a lot about the former BBN winner. My concern though was with what he did with the prize money. Here are the list of things he did with; culled from the interview
- Soon after Katung’s sudden ‘disappearance’, at a time most people expected him to impact positively on the entertainment scene, it was rumoured that he had fallen into bad company and frittered away all the $100, 000 prize money he won.
- he invested the money into farming through his parents in Kaduna and Abuja.
- Part of it was also used to pay for his studies at the New York Digital Film Academy in the USA.
- Katung invested the rest of the prize money into the popular records label.”I have been on the board of Chocolate City Records since 2007, though my association with the team dates back to university day”
- and in a night club based in Kaduna.“The club opened the same year I moved back to Nigeria. That was the Christmas season of 2011. s,” he said in an interview with our correspondent on Thursday.
It will be interesting to know what the other winners did with theirs someday too. Read the rest of the interview following the link below