- 4-day bullish run ends at the NGX as Investors look to take profits.
- The All-Share Index (ASI) traded 0.90% lower to close at 52,109.43 points as market capitalization lost N256 billion to close at N28.374 trillion.
- ACADEMY Plc (-10.00%) was the top loser while ACCESS HOLDINGS was the most traded equity in terms of volume.
Investors on the floor of The Nigerian Exchange (NGX) look to take profits as the local bourse closed negative in today’s trading session to break a 4-day bullish sentiment.
The All-Share Index (ASI) traded 0.90% lower to close at 52,109.43 index points as against 52,580.86 index points recorded in the previous day’s trading session.
The market capitalization of equities depreciated by -N256 billion to close at N28.374 trillion, a 0.90% loss compared to the N28.630 trillion recorded in yesterday’s trading session.
Market breadth closed negative as ACADEMY (-10.00%) led the losers, ABCTRANS (10.00%) led the gainers while ACCESS HOLDINGS Plc was the most traded equity at the end of today’s session.
Below are market indices for today’s trading session:
- NGX ASI: 52,109.43 points
- Previous ASI: 52,580.86 points
- % Day Change: -0.90%
- % YTD: +1.67%
- Market Cap: N28.374 trillion
- Volume Traded: 334.24 million
- Value: N5.15 billion
- Deals: 5,350
NGX TOP GAINERS
- ABCTRANS gained 10.00% to close at N0.44 per share
- MRS gained 9.97% to close at N40.80 per share
- NPFMCRFBK gained 9.37% to close at N1.75 per share
- COURTVILLE gained 9.30% to close at N0.47 per share
- TRIPPLEG gained 9.26% to close at N2.95 per share
NGX TOP LOSERS
- ACADEMY was down by -10.00% to close at N1.53 per share
- ARDOVA was down by -9.88% to close at N22.35 per share
- MCNICHOLS was down by -9.33% to close at N0.68 per share
- HONYFLOUR was down by -8.62% to close at N2.65 per share
- REGALINS was down by -6.25% to close at N0.30 per share
TOP 3 BY VOLUME
- ACCESSCORP 64,689,023
- GTCO 51,123,475
- ZENITHBANK 29,058,428
TOP 3 BY VALUE
- GTCO N1,340,548,041
- ZENITHBANK N725,712,418
- ACCESSCORP N656,268,044
Leave a Reply