The NGX closed on a positive note amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) appreciated by 58 basis points.
The NGX ASI closed at 44,655.89 points, to reflect a growth of 0.58% from the previous trading day and a Year-to-Date (YTD) return of 4.54%. Meanwhile, the market capitalization increased by N138.05 billion.
At the close of market on Tuesday, 18th of January 2022, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N24.06 trillion from N23.92 trillion in the previous trading day.
The market breadth closed positive as SKYAVN led 27 gainers, and 13 Losers topped by NEM at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has advanced 1,939.45 base points since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top gainers
- SKYAVN up +10.00% to close at N5.83
- COUTVILLE up +8.57% to close at N0.38
- FTNCOCOA up +8.33% to close at N0.39
- DANGSUGAR up +7.35% to close at N18.25
- BERGER up +5.84% to close at N8.15
NGX ASI Top losers
- NEM down – 8.33% to close at N3.63
- SUNUASS down – 5.88% to close at N0.32
- REGALINS down – 4.26% to close at N0.45
- SOVRENINS down – 4.00% to close at N0.24
- WAPIC down – 3.92% to close at N0.49
NGX ASI Top Traded by Volume
- TRANSCORP – 38,105,416 units
- GTCO – 18,730,093 units
- JAIZBANK – 14,987,140 units
- ETI – 14,493,966 units
- FBNH – 13,419,157 units
NGX ASI Top Traded by Value
- GTCO – N476,489,576.45
- FBNH – N161,060,772.90
- NB – N146,216,783.25
- ETI – N126,344,358.00
- DANGCEM – N124,982,261.90
Market sentiments trend towards the bulls with the market differential being in favour of the advancers as 27 gainers surpassed 13 losers.