Zenith Bank Plc, Nigeria’s largest lender by net assets, closed the trading session at N25.50 per share, N0.30 kobo higher than GTCO’s closing price of N25.20, after the Holding company’s shares witnessed sell-pressures dragging the price down by 0.98% from N25.45 to N25.50.
The NGX closed on a negative note amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) depreciated by 34 basis points.
The NGX ASI closed at 44,454.67 points, to reflect a decline of 0.34% from the previous trading day and a Year-to-Date (YTD) return of 4.07%. Meanwhile, the market capitalization decreased by N80.85 billion.
At the close of market on Friday 14th January 2022, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N23.95 trillion from N24.03 trillion in the previous trading day.
The market breadth closed negative as FIDSON led 14 gainers, and 17 Losers topped by SUNUASSURANCE at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has advanced 1,738.23 base points since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top gainers
- FIDSON up +9.65% to close at N7.50
- JBERGER up +3.64% to close at N22.80
- STERLING up +3.29% to close at N1.57
- UPDC up +2.61% to close at N1.18
- REGALINS up +2.22% to close at N0.46
NGX ASI Top losers
- SUNUASS down – 8.82% to close at N0.31
- CUTIX down – 7.17% to close at N2.46
- MBENEFIT down – 3.57% to close at N0.27
- JAIZBANK down – 2.86% to close at N0.68
- ROYALEX down – 2.44% to close at N0.80
NGX ASI Top Traded by Volume
- BUAFOODS – 102,569,612 units
- TRANSCORP – 97,184,006 units
- ACCESS – 33,239,768 units
- FBNH – 26,552,458 units
- JAIZBANK – 25,940,315 units
NGX ASI Top Traded by Value
- BUAFOODS – N6,761,053,104.10
- MTNN – N689,576,622.20
- GTCO – N445,498,088.65
- FBNH – N318,640,334.40
- ACCESS – N315,798,162.70
Market sentiments trend towards the bears with the market differential being in favour of the decliners as 14 gainers were surpassed by 17 losers.