The NGX closed on a flat note amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) appreciated by 1 basis point.
The NGX ASI closed at 44,604.74 points, to reflect a growth of 0.01% from the previous trading day and a Year-to-Date (YTD) return of 4.42%. Meanwhile, the market capitalization increased by N2.20 billion.
At the close of market on Thursday 13th January 2022, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N24.032 trillion from N24.034 trillion in the previous trading day.
The market breadth closed negative as TRANSCORP led 14 gainers, and 15 losers topped by NEM at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has advanced 1,888.30 base points since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top gainers
- TRANSCORP up +9.71% to close at N1.13
- CHIPLC up +7.94% to close at N0.68
- REGALINS up +7.14% to close at N0.45
- JAIZBANK up +6.06% to close at N0.70
- INTBREW up +4.04% to close at N5.15
NGX ASI Top losers
- NEM down – 10.00% to close at N3.96
- CUSTODIAN down – 9.49% to close at N7.15
- UACN down – 5.21% to close at N9.10
- FTNCOCOA down – 5.13% to close at N0.37
- JAPAUL down – 4.44% to close at N0.43
NGX ASI Top Traded by Volume
- TRANSCORP – 104,577,412 units
- JAIZBANK – 66,714,125 units
- MBENEFIT – 13,746,763 units
- FBNH – 12,587,856 units
- GTCO – 10,922,827 units
NGX ASI Top Traded by Value
- SEPLAT – N920,640,254.30
- MTNN – N590,796,644.40
- GTCO – N277,933,410.55
- NB – N274,563,680.70
- STANBIC – N257,218,478.75
Market sentiments trend towards the bears with the market differential being in favour of the decliners as 14 gainers were surpassed by 15 losers.