The NGX closed on a positive note to sustain the rally amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) appreciated by 171 basis points.
The NGX ASI closed at 44,608.82 points, to reflect a growth of 1.71% from the previous trading day and a Year-to-Date (YTD) return of 4.43%. Meanwhile, the market capitalization increased by N403.83 billion.
At the close of market on Wednesday 12th of January, 2022, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N24.03 trillion from N23.63 trillion in the previous trading day.
The market breadth closed positive as ACADEMY led 24 gainers, and 15 Losers topped by REGALINS at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has advanced 1,892.38 base points since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top gainers
- ACADEMY up +10.00% to close at N0.66
- JAIZBANK up +10.00% to close at N0.66
- UNITYBANK up +8.70% to close at N0.50
- SOVRENINS up +8.33% to close at N0.26
- MBENEFIT up +7.41% to close at N0.29
NGX ASI Top losers
- REGALINS down – 8.70% to close at N0.42
- CHIPLC down – 8.70% to close at N0.63
- SUNUASS down – 8.11% to close at N0.34
- AIICO down – 3.70% to close at N0.78
- NEIMETH down – 3.23% to close at N1.80
NGX ASI Top Traded by Volume
- TRANSCORP – 89,018,465 units
- FBNH – 30,490,813 units
- JAIZBANK – 14,202,981 units
- STERLING – 11,694,884 units
- GTCO – 9,830,679 units
NGX ASI Top Traded by Value
- SEPLAT – N930,227,728.40
- DANGCEM – N588,615,874.60
- MTNN – N485,765,736.50
- FBNH – N365,671,267.10
- GTCO – N250,318,990.75
Market sentiments trend towards the bulls with the market differential being in favour of the advancer as 24 gainers surpassed 15 losers.