The NGX continued the new year on a positive note amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) appreciated by 100 basis point.
The NGX ASI closed at 43,476.75 points, to reflect a growth of 1.00% from the previous trading day and a Year-to-Date (YTD) return of 1.78%. Meanwhile, the market capitalization increased by N242.75 billion.
At the close of market on Wednesday 4th January 2022, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N23.43 trillion from N23.18 trillion in the previous trading day.
The market breadth closed positive as AIRTELAFRICA led 22 gainers, and 17 Losers topped by UNITY at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has advanced 760.32 base points since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top gainers
- AIRTELAFRI up +10.00% to close at N1050.5
- BUAFOODS up +10.00% to close at N44.00
- OANDO up +9.73% to close at N4.85
- AIICO up +8.33% to close at N0.78
- ARDOVA up +7.69% to close at N12.60
NGX ASI Top losers
- UNITYBANK down –9.62% to close at N0.47
- ROYALEX down –9.41% to close at N0.77
- REGALINS down –8.16% to close at N0.45
- UBN down –6.90% to close at N5.40
- MBENEFIT down –6.25% to close at N0.30
NGX ASI Top Traded by Volume
- BUAFOOD – 1,006,998,462 units
- WEMABANK – 25,014,839 units
- TRANSCORP – 24,954,859 units
- NGXGROUP – 14,536,935 units
- UBA –13,945,124 units
NGX ASI Top Traded by Value
- BUAFOODS – N40,533,945,898.00
- NGXGROUP – N285,748,324.00
- ZENITHBANK – N275,225,558.85
- AIRTELAFRI – N264,526,617.80
- GTCO – N241,135,804.65
Market sentiments trend towards the bulls with the market differential being in favour of the advancers as 22 gainers surpassed 17 losers.