The NGX closed on a negative note amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) depreciated by 108 basis point.
The NGX ASI closed at 41,807.10 points, to reflect a decline of 1.08% from the previous trading day and a Year-to-Date (YTD) return of 3.82%. Meanwhile, the market capitalization decreased by N237.89 billion.
At the close of market today, Wednesday 29th of December 2021, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N21.82 trillion from N22.06 trillion in the previous trading day.
The market breadth closed positive as UBN led 17 gainers, and 16 losers topped by BUACEM at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has advanced 1,536.38 base points since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top gainers
- UBN up +9.91% to close at N6.10
- ROYALEX up +9.09% to close at N0.84
- SOVRENINS up +7.69% to close at N0.28
- LIVESTOCK +6.86% to close at N2.18
- CAVERTON +2.99% to close at N1.72
NGX ASI Top losers
- BUACEM down –10.00% to close at N67.05
- MAYBAKER down – 9.98% to close at N4.06
- PZ down – 8.96% to close at N6.10
- JAIZBANK down – 8.06% to close at N0.57
- UPDCREIT down –6.25% to close at N3.75
NGX ASI Top Traded by Volume
- JAIZBANK – 17,652 122 units
- UBN – 16,800,960 units
- UACN – 12,883,677 units
- TRANSCORP – 11,386,677 units
- SOVRENINS – 9,998,686 units
NGX ASI Top Traded by Value
- MTNN – N359,364,091.30
- ZENITH – N196,702,875.95
- NGXGROUP – N156,717,461.10
- UACN – N123,516,789.30
- UBN – N101,826,437.25
Market sentiments trend towards the bears with the market differential being in favor of the advancers as 17 gainers surpassed 16 losers.