The NGX closed on a flat note amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) depreciated by 1 basis point.
The NGX ASI closed at 42,388.57 points, to reflect a decline of 0.01% from the previous trading day and a Year-to-Date (YTD) return of 5.26%. Meanwhile, the market capitalization decreased by N3.21 billion.
At the close of market today, Tuesday 21st December 2021, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N22.125 trillion from N22.128 trillion in the previous trading day.
The market breadth closed positive as MEYER led 21 gainers, and 15 Losers topped by ETERNA at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has advanced 2,117.85 base points since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top gainers
- MEYER up +9.52% to close at N0.46
- CHIPLC up +9.26% to close at N0.59
- CAP up +6.87% to close at N19.45
- ACADEMY up +6.38% to close at N0.50
- LASACO up +5.77% to close at N1.10
NGX ASI Top losers
- ETERNA down –9.91%to close at N5.00
- MRS down – 9.85% to close at N12.35
- JAPAUL down – 7.69% to close at N0.36
- LERANAFRI down – 7.14% to close at N1.17
- FTNCOCOA down –4.76% to close at N0.40
NGX ASI Top Traded by Volume
- UACN – 75,879,546 units
- FBNH – 68,558,939 units
- UBA – 16,723,251 units
- STANBIC – 13,315,706 units
- COURTVILLE – 7,099,816 units
NGX ASI Top Traded by Value
- FBNH – N836,405,903.75
- MTNN – N720,790,832.20
- GTCO – N528,499,922.30
- FBNH – N478,720,083.85
- SEPLAT – N314,923,485.20
Market sentiments trend towards the bears with the market differential being in favour of the advancers as 21 gainers surpassed 15 losers.