Dangote Cement Plc, the most capitalized company on the Nigerian Exchange, today recorded a growth in share price taking the price to N256.50, slightly appreciating by 0.59%. The cement producer traded the highest in value of N726.27 million as the company’s market value today appreciated by N25.56 billion at the end of the trading session.
The NGX closed on a positive note amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) appreciated by 10 basis point.
The NGX ASI closed at 42,394.71 points, to reflect a growth of 0.10% from the previous trading day and a Year-to-Date (YTD) return of 5.27%. Meanwhile, the market capitalization increased by N21.61 billion.
At the close of market today, Monday 20th December 2021, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N22.12 trillion from N22.10 trillion in the previous trading day.
The market breadth closed positive as NEIMETH led 21 gainers, and 11 losers topped by CILEASING at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has advanced 2,123.99 base points since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top gainers
- NEIMETH up +9.82% to close at N1.79
- UPDC up +9.43% to close at N1.16
- ROYALEX up +8.70% to close at N0.75
- MBENEFIT up +7.69% to close at N0.28
- REGALINS up +7.32% to close at N0.44
NGX ASI Top losers
- CILEASING down –8.70%to close at N4.20
- CHIPLC down –6.90% to close at N0.54
- WAPIC down – 5.88% to close at N0.48
- LASACO down – 5.45% to close at N1.04
- NAHCO down –3.48% to close at N3.33
NGX ASI Top Traded by Volume
- FBNH – 20,189,929 units
- GTCO – 10,574,851 units
- SOVERNINS – 10,106,000 units
- MBENEFIT – 9,364,102 units
- AIICO – 8,839,824 units
NGX ASI Top Traded by Value
- DANGCEM – N726,271,620.40
- MTNN – N357,197,033.70
- GTCO – N270,907,228.25
- FBNH – N244,717,407.85
- SEPLAT – N223,652,685.30
Market sentiments trend towards the bulls with the market differential being in favour of the advancers as 21 gainers surpassed 11 losers.