The NGX closed on a negative note amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) depreciated by 22 basis point.
The NGX ASI closed at 42,317.52 points, to reflect a decline of 0.22% from the previous trading day and a Year-to-Date (YTD) return of 5.08%. Meanwhile, the market capitalization decreased by N48.84 billion.
At the close of market on Tuesday 14th of December 2021, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N22.08 trillion from N22.13 trillion in the previous trading day.
The market breadth closed negative as CUSTODIAN led 13 gainers, and 18 losers topped by UPDCREIT at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has advanced 2,046.80 base points since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top gainers
- CUSTODIAN up +9.86% to close at N7.80
- ROYALEX up +8.62% to close at N0.63
- MEYER up +8.33% to close at N0.39
- UNITY up +6.82% to close at N0.47
- UACN up +6.52% to close at N9.80
NGX ASI Top losers
- UPDCREIT down – 6.67% to close at N4.20
- JAPAUL down – 5.13% to close at N0.37
- CAVERTON down – 4.62% to close at N1.65
- GTCO down – 3.85% to close at N25.00
- ETI down – 2.69% to close at N9.05
NGX ASI Top Traded by Volume
- ACCESS –55,040,958 units
- UNIVINSURE – 53,158,000 units
- UNITYBANK – 25,225,217 units
- FBNH – 21,102,262 units
- INTBREW – 20,148,500 units
NGX ASI Top Traded by Value
- ACCESS – N497,742,096.05
- GTCO – N387,357,996.45
- FBNH – N252,451,067.45
- MTNN – N227,875,803.20
- NGXGROUP – N174,736,561.40
Market sentiments trend towards the bears with the market differential being in favour of the decliners as 13 gainers were surpassed by 18 losers.