FBNH shares witnessed heavy buy-interests despite today’s bearish market, trading about 129 million shares worth over N1 billion as the price appreciated by 4.35%. The increase in the price of the tier-1 bank took the market value up by N17.95 billion.
The NGX closed on a negative note amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) depreciated by 68 basis points. The NGX ASI closed at 43,253.01 points, to reflect a decline of 0.68% from the previous trading day and a Year-to-Date (YTD) return of 7.41%. Meanwhile, the market capitalization decreased by N154.61 billion.
At the close of market today, Friday 12th of November 2021, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N22.57 trillion from N22.73 trillion in the previous trading day. The market breadth closed positive as VERITASKAP led 16 gainers, and 15 Losers topped by UPDC at the end of today’s session. The stock market has advanced 2,982.29 base points since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top gainers
- VERITASKAP up +9.52% to close at N0.23
- REDSTAREX up +6.38% to close at N3.50
- CHIPLC up +5.45% to close at N0.58
- REGALINS up +5.26% to close at N0.40
- FTNCOCOA up +4.76% to close at N0.44
NGX ASI Top losers
- UPDC down –9.47%to close at N1.53
- LIVESTOCK down –8.68% to close at N2.00
- PRESTIGE down – 8.51% to close at N0.43
- GLAXOSMITH down –6.25% to close at N6.00
- NPFMCRFBNK down –5.26% to close at N1.80
NGX ASI Top Traded by Volume
- FBNH – 129,774,697 units
- STANBIC – 19,517,477 units
- GTCO – 18,438,717 units
- FLOURMILL – 16,336,682 units
- FCMB –15,840,239 units
NGX ASI Top Traded by Value
- FBNH – N1,536,043,887.95
- STANBIC – N761,181,826.50
- GTCO – N507,041,115.25
- FLOURMILL – N503,398,640.85
- MTNN – N334,171,605.90
Market sentiments trend towards the bears with the market differential being in favour of the advancers as 16 gainers surpassed 15 losers.