The Nigerian Exchange market today reached a new 52 week high of 43,246.87 points exceeding the previous 52 week high of 42,412.66 points, on January 29, 2021 by 1.97% after immense buy interests mainly in shares of MTN Nig, FBNH, Stanbic, AIRTEL and co.
NGX closed on a positive note amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) appreciated by 293 basis points.
The NGX ASI closed at 43,246.87 points, to reflect a growth of 2.93% from the previous trading day and a Year-to-Date (YTD) return of 7.39%. Meanwhile, the market capitalization increased by N643 billion.
At the close of market today, Monday 8th November 2021, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N22.57 trillion from N21.93 trillion in the previous trading day.
The market breadth closed negative as AIRTEL led 18 gainers, and 26 Losers topped by CONOIL at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has advanced 2,976.15 base points since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top gainers
- AIRTEL +10.00% to close at N858.00
- REDSTAREX up +9.94% to close at N3.43
- CUTIX up +9.91% to close at N6.21
- MTNN up +9.62% to close at N192.50
- UNILEVER up +9.36% to close at N14.60
NGX ASI Top losers
- CONOIL down –9.80%to close at N23.00
- CWG down –9.73% to close at N1.02
- CUSTODIAN down – 9.47% to close at N7.65
- HONYFLOUR down –9.07% to close at N3.31
- AFRIPRUD down –4.72% to close at N6.05
NGX ASI Top Traded by Volume
- STERLING – 81,231,660 units
- UACN – 67,244,697 units
- FBNH – 42,235,863 units
- ZENITHBANK – 32,621,871 units
- TRANSCORP – 13,612,063 units
NGX ASI Top Traded by Value
- ZENITH – N797,348,915.45
- MTNN – N772,232,310.70
- UACN – N706,443,282.55
- FBNH – N473,447,717.60
- STANBIC – N392,347,730.15
Market sentiments tend towards the bulls with the market differential being in favour of the decliners as 18 gainers were surpassed by 26 losers.