Some residents in Ikeja local government have been warned to avoid open fire due to a gas pipeline leakage in the area.
This was disclosed by the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) in a statement issued on Wednesday after it got a report on the leaking pipeline.
The affected areas include Computer Village, Ikeja Underbridge end of Awolowo Way, Oba Akran axis, Anifowose Street, and Medical Road.
What NEMA is saying about the gas leakage
The spokesperson of NEMA (South West), Ibrahim Farinloye, asked residents to avoid open fire in the affected areas.
He stated, “Residents around Computer Village, Underbridge Awolowo Way, and Oba Akran axis, Anifowose Street, Medical Road must not open shops or use open naked fire for safety reasons.
“Distressed alert just received indicates massive leakage of gas pipeline around these areas. Residents are advised to take safety precautions to prevent any form of disaster.”