At the end of today’s trading session, the Nigerian Exchange market closed positive amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) appreciated by 6 basis points, while the market capitalization increased by N11.17 billion.
The NGX ASI closed at 38,874.13 points, to reflect a gain of 0.06% from the previous trading day.
At the close of market today, Thursday 23rd September 2021, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N20.25 trillion from N20.24 trillion in the previous trading day. Its Year-to-Date (YTD) return however, is currently settled at –3.47%.
The market breadth closed positive as NAHCO led 16 Gainers, and 12 Losers topped by SOVRENINS at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has declined –1,396.59 basepoints since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top gainers
- NAHCO up +10.00% to close at N3.52
- PHARMDEKO up +9.55% to close at N1.95
- VERITASKAP up +9.52% to close at N0.23
- CORNERST up +9.43% to close at N0.58
- CHAMS up +4.76% to close at N0.22
NGX ASI Top losers
- SOVRENINS down –4.17% to close at N0.23
- UPDC down –3.68% to close at N1.83
- ETI down –2.83% to close at N5.15
- TRANSCORP down –2.17% to close at N0.90
- PRESTIGE down –2.08% to close at N0.47
NGX ASI Top Traded by Volume
- MBENEFIT – 13,715,226 units
- UCAP – 11,461,831 units
- GTCO – 9,947,659 units
- ZENITHBANK – 9,201,337 units
- TRANSCORP – 7,573,412 units
NGX ASI Top Traded by Value
- GTCO – N270,927,927.70
- ZENITHBANK – N210,476,754.80
- UCAP – N97,613,939.85
- MTNN – N81,033,803.20
- DANGCEM – N71,200,796.60
Market sentiments trend towards the bulls with the market differential being in favour of the advancers as 16 gainers surpassed 12 losers.