At the end of today’s trading session, the Nigerian Exchange market closed flat amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) appreciated by 2 basis points, while the market capitalization increased by N4.59 billion. The NGX ASI closed at 39,261.01 points, to reflect a gain of 0.02% from the previous trading day.
At the close of market today, Friday 3rd of September 2021, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N20.46 trillion from N20.45 trillion in the previous trading day. Its Year-to-Date (YTD) return, however, is currently settled at –2.51%.
The market breadth closed negative as NEIMETH led 13 Gainers, and 16 Losers topped by MBENEFIT at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has declined –1,009.71 basepoints since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top gainers
- NEIMETH up +7.57% to close at N1.99
- TRANSCORP up +5.62% to close at N0.94
- UPDC up +4.68% to close at N1.79
- SOVRENINS up +4.00% to close at N0.26
- FLOURMILL up +3.99% to close at N30.00
NGX ASI Top losers
- MBENEFIT down –9.68% to close at N0.28
- FTNCOCOA down –8.16% to close at N0.45
- NPFMCRFBNK down –7.89% to close at N1.75
- HONYFLOUR down –5.13% to close at N3.70
- CHAMS down –4.55% to close at N0.21
NGX ASI Top Traded by Volume
- TRANSCORP – 20,525,166.00 units
- ACCESS – 18,528,243.00 units
- UNITYBANK – 15,290,491.00 units
- MBENEFIT – 11,814,222.00 units
- FBNH – 11,773,030.00 units
NGX ASI Top Traded by Value
- MTNN – N343,126,502.50
- FLOURMILL – N216,753,801.35
- ACCESS – N170,476,021.90
- ZENITHBANK – N169,330,262.70
- SEPLAT – N140,796,768.80
Market sentiments trend towards the bulls despite the market differential is in favour of the decliners as 13 gainers were surpassed by 16 losers.