Nigerian bourse ended Friday’s trading session on a slightly negative note, The All Share Index dipped by 0.20% to close at 39,216.20 index points as against the +0.53% surge recorded on Thursday.
- Nigerian Stock Exchange market value currently stands at N20.51 Trillion. Its Year-to-Date (YTD) returns currently stand at -2.62%.
- Nigerian bourse trading turnover ended high as volume ticked up by 9.37% as against 36.61% drop posted on Thursday.
- The market breadth closed positive as GUINNESS led 20 Gainers, as against 13 Losers topped by SOVRENINS at the end of today’s session – an unimproved performance when compared with the previous outlook.
- GUINNESS up 9.89% to close at N30
- PRESTIGE up 9.76% to close at N0.45
- SOVRENINS up 9.09% to close at N0.24
- UACN up 8.75% to close at N8.7
- ABCTRANS up 7.14% to close at N0.3
- FTNCOCOA down 9.80% to close at N0.46
- JAIZBANK down 9.23% to close at N0.59
- ROYALEX down 7.69% to close at N0.24
- WAPIC down 7.27% to close at N0.51
- AFRINSURE down 4.76% to close at N0.2
Nigerian Stocks ended the last trading session of the week on a slightly bearish note amid soaring oil prices. Trading turnover at Friday’s trading session was boosted by Zenith Bank, Union Bank, and GTBank.
- Nairametrics, however, envisages cautious buying, amid rising concerns for the third wave of COVID-19 pandemic in Nigeria’s key international market, particularly Europe.