Nigerian Stocks rose today by 0.78% to 41,014.30 index points amid renewed buy activity and price appreciation in DANGCEMENT. Investors gain N166.51 billion.
Year-to-date return and market capitalization also improved by the same margin to settle at 1.90% and N21.45 trillion, respectively.
- Activity level improved in today’s trading as total volume and value traded increased by 246.78% and 16.48% respectively, as 1.27 billion units of shares, valued at N6.39billion exchanged hands in 6,573 deals.
- Investor sentiment as measured by market breadth, was inverse of the broad index as 46 stocks declined while 7 stocks advanced. LIVESTOCK (-10.00%) led the laggards for the day, while DANGCEM (+7.04%) finished top gainer.
- The sectorial performance was negative as the banking, insurance, energy, and Consumer Goods indexes dipped by 2.98%, 2.93%, 0.90%, and 0.32% respectively.
- DANGCEM up 7.04% to close at N228
- MBENEFIT up 5.41% to close at N0.39
- SOVRENINS up 3.70% to close at N0.28
- VITAFOAM up 3.33% to close at N9.3
- UNILEVER up 2.57% to close at N13.95
- LINKASSURE down 10.00% to close at N0.54
- LIVESTOCK down 10.00% to close at N2.25
- NAHCO down 9.96% to close at N2.08
- NNFM down 9.88% to close at N7.02
- PORTPAINT down 9.84% to close at N2.84
Nigerian Stocks recorded an impressive trading session at the fourth trading session amid falling oil prices prevailing at the U.S trading session.
- The industrial index closed as the lone gainer, up by 2.57% on DANGCEM 7.04% price appreciation
- Nairametrics, however, envisages cautious buying as the COVID-19 crisis remains on major headlines globally.