FBN Holdings Plc has announced the appointment of former Managing Director/CEO of Guinness Nigeria, Mr. Seni Adetu, and two others as new Board Directors.
This is according to a notification signed by the company’s secretary, Seye Kosoko, and sent to the Nigerian Stock Exchange this afternoon, as seen by Nairametrics.
The new appointees are; Mr. Seni Adetu and Mrs. Juliet Anammah who were appointed as Independent Non-Executive Directors, and Mr. Otu Hughes who was appointed as a Non-Executive Director of FBN Holdings Plc.
The disclosure which is in line with NSE’s provision is, however, still subject to statutory approvals from the Central Bank of Nigeria and the shareholders at the next Annual General Meeting of the Company.
- Mr. Seni Adetu has over three-decade experience in private sector practice garnered at various multinationals like John Holt Plc, Coca-Cola, and Guinness Plc. He has held various leadership positions including being a former Managing Director/CEO of Guinness Nigeria. He is an alumnus of the University of Lagos where he obtained a bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering and an MBA respectively.
- Juliet Anammah is an experienced executive with over 28 years of professional experience, including 7 years at the Chief Executive Level. She is currently the Chairwoman of Jumia Nigeria and Head of Institutional Affairs Jumia Group. Prior to her current role, she was the CEO OF Jumia Nigeria.
- She currently serves in the Board of some notable corporate entities like Flour Mills Nigeria, Plc, and APT Pensions as an Independent Non-Executive member. She is an alumna of Wharton College University, Pennsylvania (AMP) and Yale University, where she obtained a Bachelor of Pharmacy degree and MBA respectively.
- Otu Hughes is a Co-Founder and Managing Director of Candesco Limited. He has over 25 years of experience in operations, strategy, mergers, and acquisition, etc.
What you should know
The Executive Board Directors of FBN Holdings Plc are; Dr. Oba Otudeko, CFR (Chairman); U.K. Eke, MFR (Group Managing Director); Mr. Oye Hassan-Odukale, MFR; Mr. Chidi Anya; Dr. Hamza Sule Wuro Bokki; Otunba(Mrs) Adebola Osibogun; Mr. Omatseyin Ayida; Dr. Adesola Adeduntan; and Ms. Cecilia Akintomide, OON.
Usman Alkali Baba assumes office as new IG of Police
The FG announced that IGP Usman Alkali Baba assumed duty as the new Inspector General of Police on Wednesday.
The Federal Government announced that IGP Usman Alkali Baba assumed duty as the new Inspector General of Police on Wednesday.
The FG disclosed this in a statement on Wednesday evening, citing that he is taking over from IGP Mohammed Abubakar Adamu, NPM, who retired after 35 years of meritorious service to the nation.
What the FG is saying
“The handing/taking over of leadership between the former and new Police Chiefs was held in a brief but colourful ceremony at the Force Headquarters, Abuja. The event was climaxed with the symbolic handover of the Nigeria Police flag.
The new IGP, who is the 21st indigenous Inspector General of Police, Ag. IGP Usman Alkali Baba, NPM, psc (+), fdc, a fellow of the National Defence College, hails from Geidam in Yobe State. He was commissioned into the Nigeria Police Force on 15th March 1988 as a Cadet Assistant Superintendent of Police.
He holds a Masters degree in Public Administration (MPA) and a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science.
The FG also disclosed that the new IGP believes in the provision of motivational and credible leadership driven by professionalism and strategic planning, all directed at stabilizing internal security and modernizing police operations within the framework of citizens’ consent, trust, and the rule of law.
In case you missed it
The Federal Government revealed why President Buhari terminated the appointment of the outgoing Inspector General of Police (IGP), Muhammad Adamu, before the expiration of the 3-months extension, saying the ex-IGP’s tenure was terminated following the completion of the selection process for a new Inspector General of Police.
FSDH appoints FCMB Director, Bukola Smith as new Managing Director and CEO
FCMB appoints FCMB Executive Director, as new Managing Director and CEO, to replace Hamda Ambah.
Bukola Smith, the Executive Director, Business Development, in First City Monument Bank Limited has been appointed by FSDH Merchant Bank as the new Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of the Lagos based financial institution.
This information was revealed in a recent post made by Smith, the new MD/CEO of the bank via her official LinkedIn account.
Her appointment will take full effect in mid-April, 2021, as she moves to take over from Hamda Ambah who will retire from the bank with effect from April 27th, 2021, after 28 years of service to the company, including four years and three months as the Managing Director of the Merchant Bank.
Smith is expected to take on the full responsibility of leading FSDH Merchant Bank to greater heights of global success, building on the impressive work Ambah has done in the last four years and three months as the Managing Director of the Merchant Bank.
What they are saying
Commenting on her appointment, Bukola Smith said:
“Super excited to announce my appointment as the new MD/CEO of FSDH Merchant Bank from mid-April, 2021. Thus, bringing an end to 14 beautiful and impactful years at FCMB.”
Special thanks go to all my friends and colleagues, who made my time at FCMB an amazing experience.
It is a privilege to take over from a Super Mentor, Hamda Ambah who has done a great job in steering the ship over the years.”
Bukola Smith holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics from the University of Lagos, and also holds an MBA from Manchester Business School, University of Manchester, United Kingdom.
Smith was appointed Executive Director, Business Development at First City Monument Bank (FCMB) in 2017, and prior to this, she was the Regional Head, Lagos Region of the Bank.
She has occupied several key positions in FCMB as the Group Head Treasury and Financial Institutions; Divisional Head, Investment Banking and Financial Markets; Director Project and Structured Finance; and Divisional Head, Group Internal Audit, since she joined the bank in 2006.
As the Executive Director in charge of Business Development in FCMB, the bank’s Small and Micro business-focused team moved up to the first position in 2019, to emerge as the best SME supporter in the country – according to a KPMG Customer Service Report 2020.
Nairametrics | Company Earnings
Access our Live Feed portal for the latest company earnings as they drop.
- Friesland Campina Wamco Nigeria Plc announces AGM, proposes dividend of N6.74 per share.
- ETI appoints Akin Dada as Group Executive, Corporate & Investment banking.
- Union Homes REIT proposes final dividend worth N465.03 million for shareholders.
- GT Bank Plc holds FY 2020 investors presentation.
- Cornerstone Insurance Plc notifies stakeholders of late submission of financial statements.