Dogecoin is defying all odds, even with the bullish trend prevailing in the crypto-verse amid strong buying pressure by an army of retail investors.
As at press time, Dogecoin traded at $0.056820 with a daily trading volume of $17.4 billion. It is up 634.5% for the day.
- Dogecoin’s creators envisaged it as a fun, light-hearted cryptocurrency that would have greater appeal beyond the core flagship crypto’s audience since it was based on a dog meme.
- Tesla CEO, Elon Musk, had many times on social media stated that Dogecoin is his favourite crypto.
One word: Doge
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) December 20, 2020
It’s inevitable pic.twitter.com/eBKnQm6QyF
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) July 18, 2020
Crypto traders and global investors are rushing to have a stake in this fast-growing crypto, on the account that it has the unique endorsement of the world’s richest individual presently worth $199 billion.
What you should know: The tenth most valuable crypto has a market value of $7.3 billion. It presently has a circulating supply of 128,136,378,598 DOGE coins, and the maximum supply is not available.
Dogecoin (DOGE) is based on the popular “Doge” internet meme and features a Shiba Inu on its logo.
- The open-source crypto was invented by an American known as Billy Markus and an Australian identified as Jackson Palmer. The crypto asset was forked from Litecoin in December 2013.
- This fast-rising crypto is being primarily used as a tipping system on popular social media platforms like Twitter and Reddit in order to reward the creation or sharing of quality content.
- Crypto exchanges presently having Dogecoin listed include YoBit, BitAsset, Binance, Huobi Global.