Grenada has become a popular second citizenship option and is easily one of your best bets in securing a second citizenship outside of Nigeria. With the investment citizenship programme the country offers, successful applicants are able to obtain citizenship that allows visa-free travel to more than 140 countries and territories, including Schengen member states, the UK, Schengen Zone, China and Russia and the opportunity to apply for an E-2 investor’s visa of the USA – an investor’s visa that allows Grenadian citizens to set up or buy a business in the USA and reside and work in the USA.
So If you are seeking to increase your global mobility and worldwide opportunities, getting a second passport is a great option. The Grenada Citizenship by Investment Programme is designed to offer investors and their families superior privileges unlike any other programme in the Caribbean. Your investment provides peace of mind and security for a lifetime, and is backed by the expertise of Range Developments, the only developer in the Caribbean to have successfully delivered two luxury hotel properties – the Park Hyatt in St Kitts and the Kempinski in Dominica. Range Developments’ third project, Six Senses La Sagesse, Grenada, is underway.
The island nation fondly referred to as the Spice Island, offers Nigerian investors the chance to secure a better future for themselves and their families. It provides investors the ability to hedge themselves against political, social and economic headwinds.
There are two routes you can take to acquire Grenada citizenship:
- Investment in the National Transformation Fund (NTF): The NTF has been established to boost Grenada’s economy. The main applicant has to make a non-refundable contribution of at least USD $150,000 to obtain a passport or donate USD $200,000 for a family of four.
- Investment in pre-approved real estate Investor can make an investment at a minimum value of USD $220,000 into an approved project, for example, Six Senses La Sagesse Grenada. The investor needs to retain the investment for five years after which time it can be sold to another individual, who can also apply for Grenadian citizenship whilst the original investor retains their citizenship in perpetuity.
With close to a decade of expertise under its belt, Range Developments offers the most efficient process for the acquisition of Citizenship by Investment in Grenada. In this period Range Developments has assisted over 4,000 individuals with their second citizenship application across the Caribbean. Range Developments is a well-known brand amongst Nigerian High Net Worth Individuals. The requirements of the Program are as follows:
In order to obtain Grenada citizenship, applicants need to meet the following criteria:
- Be over 18 years old.
- Have an outstanding character.
- Have good health.
- Hold no criminal record.
- Pass a detailed background check.
- Provide proof of source of funds.
How to get Grenada citizenship by investment
The citizenship by investment process is also very simple. You will need to follow these steps:
- Decide on your investment route and invest
- Choose a government-approved project to invest in. Conduct thorough due diligence on the CBI developer and make sure they have a track record of completing citizenship by investment projects
- Complete all application forms
- The government assesses your application and conducts background checks
- Grenada’s citizenship by Investment Committee (CBIC) approves your application within 90-120 days of applying
- Become a Grenada citizen
If you are looking to increase your opportunities for yourself and your family, it is absolutely worth it to apply for citizenship of Grenada. Not only will you be able to permanently reside – along with your family (Second generation dependents are subject to a fee of only USD 2,000 for two children). – in one of the best islands in the Caribbean, but the passport also allows for fantastic opportunities from worldwide global mobility with visa-free access to more than 140 countries, including the UK, Schengen countries, Russia, China and many others, the ability to work and reside in the US on the E2 investor’s visa and great tax exemptions. Furthermore, there are no capital gains, inheritance tax, income tax or wealth tax on worldwide income or assets in Grenada. With an option to fast forward your passport application which is generally an easy application process, it is straightforward to get a second citizenship which can be passed along generations.
For more information, please contact: