Nascon Allied Industries Plc recorded a boost from an increase in the sale of goods revenue-generating units, as total revenues increased slightly. The company reported revenues of N21.87 billion in 2020 (9months) – 4.01% increase compared to N21.03 billion in the corresponding period of 2019.
What you should know
Key highlights from 2020 (9months) results
- Revenues increased by 4.01% from N21.03 billion to N21.87 billion YoY.
- Revenues from sale of edible, refined, bulk grade salt; seasoning and vegetable oil, increased to N21.87 billion, +22.53% YoY.
- Other income increased to N12.81 million, +27.43% YoY.
- No revenue was recorded for freight income on the deliveries of salt and seasoning income-generating unit.
- Gross profit increased to N8.96 billion, +74.56% YoY.
- Operating profit increased to N3.64 billion +18.60% YoY.
- Pre-tax profits increased to N3.47 billion, +16.63% YoY.
- Post-tax profits increased to N2.29 billion, +13.27% YoY.
- Earnings Per Share increased to 115 kobo, +12.75% YoY
- Total assets increased to N44.36 billion, +45.79% YoY.
- Total liabilities increased to N32.04 billion, +67.21% YoY.
- Total equity increased to N12.32 billion, +9.35% YoY.
Nascon Allied Industries Plc recorded a boost from increase in sale of goods revenue-generating unit, but no revenue was recorded for its freight income on the deliveries of salt and seasoning revenue generating-unit.
Though companies have generally recorded decreased revenues in the last three quarters, mostly due to COVID-19; Nascon Allied Industries Plc was able to increase its total revenues and pre-tax profits in the period under consideration.